Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear cut knockout by vitali klitschko...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    vitali was moving backwards and was even a bit of balance when he threw it, he didnt get his body behind the punch at all and on top of that it barely landed. vitalis reaction after the fight shows he knew he didnt hit solis with a solid punch either.
    This is really all that needs to be said about Vitali's "KO" punch. Some people seem to believe Vitali has superpowers, imbuing him with the ability to knock down buildings while lying flat on his back in a hospital bed.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
      Whomever doesn't think that Vitali's precision punch didn't cause the knockout & subsequent injuries to Solis legs is either in denial or a blind fool/hater.
      I've watched that replay dozens of times. It was Solis' amateurish swings at air that got himself Ktfo as he put himself out of position. Klitschko connected right on the button & everything else went into motion including Solis touching his head after the shot landed.

He lost his footing completely after the delayed reaction from the punch atop his skull.
      He clearly underestimated Vitali's ability to counter him as he assummed he was so fast..he could get in & out. He tried rushing him in the same manner earlier in the rd & had a little success.

That time Vitali was ready for him..he completely missed with his swings & left himself wide open. Why can't people see that? Solis' inexperience got him ktfo... forget about all the conspiracies about his weight or preexisting injuries...that's bogus as it had nothing to do with it. What HAPPENED is that he simply put himself out of position & got clocked. He might have been out of position when he did get clocked but not to the point where his legs were going to go in opposite directions if the punch hadn't landed.

Worst case scenario he would've lost his footing..perhaps slipped but no way would his knees have given out like that just from slipping. His whole torso shook as he was going down...that wasn't because he was trying to support his legs people..it was from the punch knocking some sense out of SOLIS that did it. All this is just taking away from one of Vitali's sensational knockouts.. I even told yous if this guy comes in reckless..he will leave himself exposed regardless of his high guard defense & that's exactly what happened.

The leg injuries were happenstance & actually a gift sent from the boxing gods so Solis could save face & then eveeryone can point to his spirited first rd where he was holding his own. Sorry but he simply couldn't sustain it & made a bad mistake. Vitali would've eventually made him pay had Solis kept lunging in like that as he was making the adjustments on the fly.... CLEAR KNOCKOUT BY THE HEAVYWEIGHT WITH THE BEST KNOCKOUT RATIO IN HISTORY. WE can say it was a soft punch all we want & it was probably one of Vitali's softest connects ever but let's ask ourselves.. how soft is Vitali's worst punch anyways..perhaps it's not as soft as we think..only his opponents can tell you
      yup he caught him with a decent shot fair and square alright. It was not a full on KO power shot but apparently enough to stick fatso on the canvas. Humpty dumpty's excess weight and **** conditioning did the rest ... Anyway it was a lot clearer than that KO Vitali got over Herbie Hide back in the day I mean wtf was that?
      Last edited by Daddy T; 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        have some common sense ppl, it wasnt the punch that ended the fight.

vitali was moving backwards and was even a bit of balance when he threw it, he didnt get his body behind the punch at all and on top of that it barely landed. vitalis reaction after the fight shows he knew he didnt hit solis with a solid punch either.

u can even see solis slipping before the shot landed and holding his knee as soon as he hits the canvas. as he tried to make it to his feet he wasnt least bit wobbly, just struggling to put weight on his leg.

ofcourse i will be labeled a klitchko hater and probably a racist (even though my mom is white) for writing this, despite that its completely obvoius to anyone with two eyes and a brain that solis just hurt his knee.

why do some fans (not just klitshcko fans) feel the need to twist the truth and sometimes like in this case just plain lie to make their fighter look better. its not a knock on vitali that this happened so just be real, be honest. i mean its not like u are fooling anyone.
        You obviously didn't see how the punch landed for you to be stating this. Slowmotion replays clearly show Solis' head move from side to side & Solis was touching his head where the punch had landed. You don't do that if the punch had no effect. I find it laughable that people DON'T think that punch was hard..... you could clearly see the force Vitali used to throw it from close quarters.. Just because he didn't extend doesn't mean the punch didn't land hard. It clipped Solis' just right & set off all the chain of events. Even if it appears that he was losing his footing before the punch landed..doesn't mean all that damage would've occurred without that punch. It's really faRFETCHED to think thAT his knees would give out withing a second or two of the punch being landed. If we were to take this to a court of law...it'd be ruled a Ko based on circumstantial evidence & video surveillance. It's impossible for both your knees to go out on it's own at the same time without some type of force to cause it. Dude did suffer a delayed reaction..his whole blubber & midsection started to shake as he was falling..clear indication he felt the aftereffects of the punch.. Clearcut KO.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          What's funnier is that the second best heavyweight champ knockout percentage of all time is held by Frank Bruno.
          He doesn't have the second best KO ratio.. That's just an indicator of HOW he won his fights..completely disregarding all his losses. Vitali's ko percentage takes everything into account including his 2 losses due to injury. Nice try though..trying to discredit knockout percentage. George Foreman & Wladimir are next in line with Ko percentage & also Marciano.. so please stop that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            This is really all that needs to be said about Vitali's "KO" punch. Some people seem to believe Vitali has superpowers, imbuing him with the ability to knock down buildings while lying flat on his back in a hospital bed.
            Ever stop & think that the puncher who throws those type of shots also doesn't know the severity & the effect it could cause. Vitali knows he's thrown much more decisive shots than that..sometimes the fighter throwing the punch to the temple region part of the brain might not know either as to its effects.

Vitali just didn't want to be jipped by a con..this doesn't mean **** about the severity of the punch & he's not the one taking the punch... SOLIS was... so he can't really gauge his punch resistance properly as it was a feeling out first rd.. Please stop with the Vitali DIDN'T even think his punch had any effect as even if he didn't initially... he clearly saw in the aftermath after the addrenaline died down what it did to Solis.

Comment

So Vitali hits so hard that a punch that barley lands knocks Solis senseless, shifts his bodyweight to one side and causes so much pressure that Solis tears his acl???? Wow, that dude is 1 strong mother ****er..... Or your just a complete idiot. Which 1 is it??? Because he didn't land with any real power and didn't cause Solis to tear his acl.

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
                yup he caught him with a decent shot fair and square alright. It was not a full on KO power shot but apparently enough to stick fatso on the canvas. Humpty dumpty's excess weight and **** conditioning did the rest ... Anyway it was a lot clearer than that KO Vitali got over Herbie Hide back in the day I mean wtf was that?
                No.. I think the Hide shot was clearer as it was thrown with more authority to the side of the head & it followed an earlier knockdown 30 seconds earlier & the paralysis that Hide was conveying with seizure-like precision told the tale of the tape. In a way very similar circumstances as vITALI was feeling him out..gauging his speed & power before flipping the script & putting into effect the knockout plans.

Comment

I think the punch made him lose his legs enough for him to hurt his knees from stumbling awkwardly on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                    So Vitali hits so hard that a punch that barley lands knocks Solis senseless, shifts his bodyweight to one side and causes so much pressure that Solis tears his acl???? Wow, that dude is 1 strong mother ****er..... Or your just a complete idiot. Which 1 is it??? Because he didn't land with any real power and didn't cause Solis to tear his acl.
                    Dude..seriously go watch the replays once more. Solis & the canvas didn't do all of that chicken dance by themselves & yes it's NOT farfetched that Vitali is one strong mother****er... in fact it's almost a given.

The odds are more in Vitali's favor than all the bs unproven conspiracies that Solis couldn't support his body weight because he was carrying too much poundage. Not one piece of evidence that his weight caused all his leg injuries to occur. You have the guy that's most LIKELY to knock you out..with any punch he lands vs Solis slipping &on his way to tearing both his knees up while coincidentially the guy with the most probable chance in the history of the division of Koing you throwing a punch at the same time. I'll go with Vitali every time as to the cause & the proprietor of Solis' afterquake.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                      Ever stop & think that the puncher who throws those type of shots also doesn't know the severity & the effect it could cause. Vitali knows he's thrown much more decisive shots than that..sometimes the fighter throwing the punch to the temple region part of the brain might not know either as to its effects.

Vitali just didn't want to be jipped by a con..this doesn't mean **** about the severity of the punch & he's not the one taking the punch... SOLIS was... so he can't really gauge his punch resistance properly as it was a feeling out first rd.. Please stop with the Vitali DIDN'T even think his punch had any effect as even if he didn't initially... he clearly saw in the aftermath after the addrenaline died down what it did to Solis.
                      Actually, I have thought about it. I think about every topic before I state an opinion. You make some good points, and I might be wrong. Maybe we're both just choosing to see what we want to see. The trouble that I have with your theory is that you seem to be assuming that if the punch made any contact and Solis went down, then the punch must have been hard enough. Of course, I'm oversimplifying, but this is essentially the case.

I'm basing my opinion on the experience of watching countless pro and amateur fights, both live and on TV. I've also done some fighting myself. Can a fighter go down from a punch like the one Vitali delivered against "SpongeBob" Solis? I suppose so. It's just not very likely at all. I'll put my money on the very strong odds every time.

Comment

Working...
                      X