No announcement yet.

heavyweigths who punched the hardest to the body from liston to now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think Tyson or Frazier.
    In the first Ruddock fight Tyson's body shots just caused Ruddock's legs to turn to jelly.they hurt me
    Frazier was a body destroyer that doubled his shots up on the body and head. he also used to grunt when hitting someone. badass

Comment

I would have to go with the Iron Mike. Out of all the people listed here he was the smallest. If mike was the size of Forman just imagine what he would have done. He not only had power but speed.3,4,5 punches to the body. And we all know how effective he was when he circled to his right moving around his opponent then throwing a perfect right hook to the body which caused opponents to freeze and drop there hands then comes the most vicious uppercut. End of story.

Comment

Gerry Cooney blows them all away. Where Shavers had the hardest upstairs Cooney had the hardest downstairs.

Comment

Hardest, probably Foreman. But the best body attack since Liston? Definetly Frazier.

Come on, this is a no contest. I really think that if Frazier went to the body more in FOTC and Thrilla In Manilla that he could have KO'ed Ali. He almost had Ali quitting after a bunch of headshots. Think if he had went to the body more that night. Ali would most likely have quit.

After Frazier, either Foreman or Tyson.

Comment

well, since george foreman punches the hardest, then i guess that would mean he punched the hardest to the body, i guess. so i will say george foreman. tyson and frazier deserve a mention as well.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
              well, since george foreman punches the hardest, then i guess that would mean he punched the hardest to the body, i guess. so i will say george foreman. tyson and frazier deserve a mention as well.

punching power from the body and face r totally different strengths my friend

Comment

joe, rocky and tyson
                all similar styles, and all great body punchers
                George too

Comment

from everything ive read and seen, i would say Cooney is up there with the best, if u dont believe me, watch Cooney Vs Lyle and you'll know what im talking about.

Comment

my initial thought was chuvalo. unlike popular belief, he was a vicious body puncher. perhaps one of the best.

Comment

Tyson in his prime was about 220 to 225 Foreman in this prime was 220 to 230.So Foreman wasn't bigger than Tyson.And who did Tyson fight that could compare to the guys Foreman fought?
                      Rocky Marciano was a joke.A bum.Did he fight any 220 plus pound fighters period?Nope.Did Joe Louis?Nope.The person who made this post said who was the most effectice.Not who is more popular or who threw to the body the most.
                      Cooney was good but using his fight with Lyle is hilarious.Lyle was washed up by that point.Foreman had already knocked him out so did Ali and i believe a couple of other guys did the trick.
                      And Comrade how many times do i have to say this.Did you fight Shavers?Nope but Ali did and he said Foreman was the hardest puncher he fought period and since he fought Shavers to that would mean Foreman punched harder than him.
                      So anyway it has to be between Foreman or Tyson.Not many heavyweights since Liston went to the body much.Most fighters were or are head hunters.Even the so called great Ali never worked the body which would of helped him out in alot of his fights.
                      Oh and by the way the topic again is fighters since Sonny Liston.So that means Louis and Marciano shouldn't be mentioned at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X