Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney Or Lennox Lewis? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    What top fighters did Lewis beat according to you?
    your the 1 arguing against it go and disect hes career honestly and get back to me

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      The last true UNDISPUTED heavyweight and LINEAL CHAMPION...Lennox Lewis. Have a nice day
      Being the lineal champion doesnt make you great, ask Buster Douglas. Lewis was stripped of all his belts for refusing to fight: Byrd, Ruiz and Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
        your the 1 arguing against it go and disect hes career honestly and get back to me
        What top fighters did he beat, according to you? Surely you must have some idea otherwise you cant defend you position.

Comment

Based on what Criteria? who did Lewis beat that was comparable to Nunn or McCallum? Toney koed Holyfield something that Lewis couldnt do in 24 rounds
          Based on having all the belts. Based on avenging his two losses. Based on beating EVERY fighter he ever faced. Based on fact. Stop trashing his accomplishments. He beat the best of his era handily. Stop finding reasons to trash this Hall of Famer. Based on retiring on top. Based on retiring under his own terms. Did I mention the Hall of Fame status? Based on his Olympic accomplishments. Based on his Amatuer background. I can go on and on. Please stop trashing the good people of the sport just for a failing arguement

Comment

Based on having all the belts. Based on avenging his two losses. Based on beating EVERY fighter he ever faced. Based on fact. Stop trashing his accomplishments. He beat the best of his era handily. Stop finding reasons to trash this Hall of Famer. Based on retiring on top. Based on retiring under his own terms. Did I mention the Hall of Fame status? Based on his Olympic accomplishments. Based on his Amatuer background. I can go on and on. Please stop trashing the good people of the sport just for a failing arguement

Comment

What top fighters did he beat, according to you? Surely you must have some idea otherwise you cant defend you position.
              olympic gold medalist stopping riddick bowe
              solid wins over
              tyrell biggs
              razor ruddock
              tony tucker
              frank bruno
              tommy morrison
              ray mercer (distputed in some circles)
              henry akinwande
              andrew golota
              shannon briggs (was still classed as lineal champ)
              evander holyfield (clearly won the first and won the 2nd)
              michael grant (considered the next best thing because of hes passport)
              francois botha
              david tua
              mike tyson (imo would of beat any version of tyson but even in the faded version still nice to have to name sake)
              vitaly klitschko(ppl talk about this fight because lewis was behind after 5 but championship fights are fought over 12 rounds and at time of stoppage both fighters was blowing out there arses but lewis was getting into the task)

hes loses to mccal and rahman hurt hes legacy but at least he avenged both defeats which looks nice in history
              now disect me toneys

Comment

only names missing from hes era are michael moorer george foreman and riddick bowe

Comment

you also say he was stripped of all hes titles he vacated the wba and ibf because of there mandatories (ruiz and byrdd) and retired on the wbc

Comment

Based on having all the belts.
                    Due to the fact that there are so many belts, the original belt holder has to be taken into account as well.
                    Based on avenging his two losses. Based on beating EVERY fighter he ever faced. Based on fact. Stop trashing his accomplishments.
                    First of all dont tell me what to do and secondly where have I lied?
                    He beat the best of his era handily. Stop finding reasons to trash this Hall of Famer. Based on retiring on top. Based on retiring under his own terms.
                    After beating Holyfiled to become the undisputed champion Lewis vacated his IBF belt to avoid facing Byrd. He would later on vacate his WBA belt to avoid facing Ruiz. Due to the inconclisive nature of his win over Vitali he was ordered by the WBC to give Vitali a rematch, he said he would then chose to retire instead. Is this great according to you? He never beat the best of his ers handily either, there were a number of fighters he struggled with Bruno, Rahman, Holyfield, McCall
                    Did I mention the Hall of Fame status? Based on his Olympic accomplishments. Based on his Amatuer background. I can go on and on. Please stop trashing the good people of the sport just for a failing arguement
                    Toney is a hof as well. I have never trashed Lewis accomplishments either, what have I lied about? Was the Tyson he beat prime to you?

Comment

olympic gold medalist stopping riddick bowe
                      solid wins over
                      What has his Amateur career got to do with his pro career?
                      tyrell biggs
                      razor ruddock
                      tony tucker
                      frank bruno
                      tommy morrison
                      ray mercer (distputed in some circles)
                      henry akinwande
                      andrew golota
                      shannon briggs (was still classed as lineal champ)
                      evander holyfield (clearly won the first and won the 2nd)
                      michael grant (considered the next best thing because of hes passport)
                      francois botha
                      david tua
                      mike tyson (imo would of beat any version of tyson but even in the faded version still nice to have to name sake)
                      vitaly klitschko(ppl talk about this fight because lewis was behind after 5 but championship fights are fought over 12 rounds and at time of stoppage both fighters was blowing out there arses but lewis was getting into the task)

hes loses to mccal and rahman hurt hes legacy but at least he avenged both defeats which looks nice in history
                      now disect me toneys
                      Dude you are trolling with this: Grant? Biggs? Frank Bruno? Akinwande? Morrison? Briggs? Botha?
                      Are these elite fighters to you? Bruno was a C class fighter at best. Ruddock was shot to hell after two wars with Tyson, why aren't you taking any of this stuff into account? Mercer deserved a rematch and Lewis never gave him one either

Comment

Working...
                      X