No announcement yet.

Driving too fast...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving too fast...

I watched a mother get hysterical seeing her son being worked on by the paramedics at 3:30am. I watched as her husband put his arm around and calm her down....his brothers watched as the sheriff's dept walked around the car that no longer had an engine.

This guy hit a tree SO hard, he split the engine compartment right down the middle. The speed limit on my street is only 25mph....I heard the impact from apx 1/4 mile away. The fenders were intact on both sides, but the engine was GONE. The hood just accordianed. My guess is the engine went into the car. He was pulled out of the car easily enough. The windshield was shattered and the rest of the car was intact. People ran out to help, but they should have left him in the car and let the professionals pull him out.
    NEVER MOVE A VICTIM UNLESS HE IS IN IMMEDIATE DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say if he'd been drinking, that's up for the proper authorities to find out, but I can say this:

If you've been drinking, doing drugs or you're just plain tired.....DON'T DRIVE!!

It may not be life you save...but then again, it just might be.

[IMG][/IMG]

Did he die?

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
      Did he die?
      VISTA ---- A 16-year-old suspected of driving while intoxicated seriously injured himself in a crash early Sunday morning, officials said.

The teen, whose name has not been released because he is a minor, was southbound in the 500 block of West California Avenue shortly before 3:30 a.m., sheriff's officials said.

The teen careened off the roadway and into a large tree, causing serious damage to the vehicle he was driving and serious injuries to his lower body, officials said.

He showed signs of being under the influence of alcohol, officials said.

He was taken by ambulance to Palomar Hospital in Escondido. No information was available about his condition.

The sheriff's station in Vista is investigating the crash.

The fact that they took him to the hospital mentioned shows how bad his injuries were. The closest hospital is actually less than 10 minutes away whereas the one they took him to is about 30 min away. They're more equipped to handle serious injuries.

Comment

that sucks...

if there is anything positive to drinking and driving its that you are more likely to survive crashes...this is because when you are 100% alert your natural reaction (right before a crash or whatever) is to tense up your body...alcohol reduces this and relaxes your body (as it is a depressant and not a stimulant)...

so in a way he's probably lucky he was drunk...if he was sober he might not have made it.

i hope the kid makes it alright.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
          that sucks...

if there is anything positive to drinking and driving its that you are more likely to survive crashes...this is because when you are 100% alert your natural reaction (right before a crash or whatever) is to tense up your body...alcohol reduces this and relaxes your body (as it is a depressant and not a stimulant)...

so in a way he's probably lucky he was drunk...if he was sober he might not have made it.

i hope the kid makes it alright.
          This is true, but the sad part is in most cases, when drinking and driving, it's not the drunk person that is seriously injured, it's the innocent ones.

Comment

Working...
          X