Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Faces Martin Murray on 4/27 in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Faces Martin Murray on 4/27 in Argentina

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs), and his adviser Sampson Lewkowicz, have confirmed that WBA interim-beltholder Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KOs) will be the opponent on April 27th in Argentina. HBO will televise.

Martinez will make the first defense of the title he captured from Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on September 15th in Las Vegas. Murray, who fought to controversial draw with Felix Sturm last December, easily dispatched previously unbeaten Jorge Navarro on November 24th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let's get this routine defense out the way and hopefully get Mayweather-Martinez at the end of the year.

Comment

So he'll have faced all 3 Brit MWs. I don't mind this fight. Plus, we all know Murray beat Sturm.

Comment

ggg better be after.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          So he'll have faced all 3 Brit MWs. I don't mind this fight. Plus, we all know Murray beat Sturm.
          No, we don't.

Murray was lucky to get a draw and the majority of people and press row scores feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Let's get this routine defense out the way and hopefully get Mayweather-Martinez at the end of the year.
            Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            ggg better be after.
            Martinez-Chavez II is coming after this, according to his trainer Pablo Sarmiento

Comment

It's Chavez-Martinez II in September.

We won't see Martinez against an elite fighter again until at least 2014 or possibly never.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                It's Chavez-Martinez II in September.

We won't see Martinez against an elite fighter again until at least 2014 or possibly never.
                Ah, well that's a shame.

Comment

I wish. but that fight will NEVER happen. Martinez v. Chavez II unfortunately

Comment

I have to ask, any chance that potential Mayweather-Martinez bout would happen at Middleweight?

I know Serg has talked about moving down to 154 to fight Pac or Floyd, but at his age can he realistically make the weight and be able to still be competitive.

Martinez has spent the last two years or so (6 fights) at Middleweight, winning the WBC belt twice

if the fight with Martinez and Floyd is to happen, I really don't see the sense in making it below Middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X