No announcement yet.

Ievgen Khytrov returns on Showtime card January 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Please please please do whatever you can to ensure Khytrov doesn't sign with Haymon like Sergei did. He'll fight twice a year if he's lucky and be locked into a slave contract that gives him no say in his career.

Lou Dibella is just a Haymon whore now who spreads his legs when he's told.
    You're way too late, Khytrov signed with Haymon last week, joining the other Ukrainian MW's.
    Last edited by Eastcoast; 01-09-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Man I hate to see a mismatch like that. Khytrov could've seriously injured this guy, and he gained nothing in terms of experience from this fight.

In Japan, Ryoto Murata wouldn't be allowed to fight a guy like that due to his amateur background. This fight was a big step backward from Rose, Fortune, and Chatman.

Comment

That mofoka was a bum lol. Definition of a bum right there. I was laughing hysterically all the way thru the fight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Man I hate to see a mismatch like that. Khytrov could've seriously injured this guy, and he gained nothing in terms of experience from this fight.

In Japan, Ryoto Murata wouldn't be allowed to fight a guy like that due to his amateur background. This fight was a big step backward from Rose, Fortune, and Chatman.
          He was the best they could find on short notice. The original opponent pulled out.

I'd like to see Khytrov in with a fringe contender next.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            That mofoka was a bum lol. Definition of a bum right there. I was laughing hysterically all the way thru the fight lol.
            For real! It's like they got that dude out of the stands, .

Lookin' forward to watching Khytrov progress, but that was a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He was the best they could find on short notice. The original opponent pulled out.

I'd like to see Khytrov in with a fringe contender next.
              True, idk what happened to Coley, but Coley was a step back from those guys as well (9-0 w/ 30 amateur fights, reputation based on sparring). When you have gross mismatches, last second fall-outs are more common (like what happened with Julius Williams two weeks ago).

At this stage he should've continued with level of Rose or stepped up a bit. Guys like Paul Mendez, Lamar Russ, Latiff Mundy, Marcus UpShaw would be ideal opposition.

Comment

Ivan Redkach vs. Yakubu Amidu coming up next.

Amidu (19 KOs in 21 wins) is a big puncher, Redkach is a volume puncher with moderate power who wears down his opponents.

Comment

Comment

Amidu quits on his stool between the 6th and 7th rounds after being knocked down twice in the 6th.

Comment

We really tried to get someone. Ievgen really did not want to hurt him. Next fight we will be stepping up.

Looking at a March date.

Comment

Working...
                      X