Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who would prefer Canelo-cotto to may-pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    And the two best could fight on Christmas and still break ppv records. That's why it's better that canelo cotto fight on may 2. Fighting on a Mexican holiday would help their sales and give good exposure to them.
    Why do you care about Canelo and Cotto's success? Are you getting a cut? Surely it's about seeing the best fight the best for boxing fans, no? May vs Pac all day. Cotto and Canelo can fight at MSG when Cotto chooses. He is the champ, isn't he (last I heard)?

Comment

Manny vs Floyd was "THE FIGHT" 5 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by who_necks View Post
        Canelo and De La Hoya are being petty and trying to get the date he usually fights, like its some kind of victory over Floyd because they weren't good enough fighters to do it in the ring.
        You can't hold a date hostage, especially not a holiday date. Who gives a damn when certain fighters prefer to fight? One fighter is not above the whole sport. let's be honest this only became an issue because floyd was worried he wouldn't be able to make as much money as possible on that date without taking as little a risk as possible. Either way, if canelo-cotto is made first there is nothing mayweather can do except fight pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          Why do you care about Canelo and Cotto's success? Are you getting a cut? Surely it's about seeing the best fight the best for boxing fans, no? May vs Pac all day. Cotto and Canelo can fight at MSG when Cotto chooses. He is the champ, isn't he (last I heard)?
          No, but I do care about the sport succeeding. The best fighting the best doesn't have to be on may second, why does it ha e to be on that date? Because that's when Floyd fights? The logic of Floyd fans is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Absolutely! Now that's a fight, bored of all the pac/may bs it's lost it's appeal... to me atleast.

Comment

No, but I do care about the sport succeeding. The best fighting the best doesn't have to be on may second, why does it ha e to be on that date? Because that's when Floyd fights? The logic of Floyd fans is beyond ridiculous.
              Nooooo the logic of some people on here is ridiculous. They said that they want Mayweather to fight Pacquiao. They said they hoped him losing Showtime money would force him to take on Pacquiao. They said that they hoped his date being under threat would force him to fight Pacquiao. Welllllllll, now you have your wish and Mayweather is ready to do it. Just because Canelo (who is not nearly as big in any sense, and not the champion in his bout), and DLH are digging their heels in, the same so-called fans suddenly forget they want the fight. All of a sudden they (and Arum) care more about something that could get in the way, and who are they pi$$ed at? The person trying to make the fight happen. THAT's messed up logic for you.

Comment

I'll take either.

Let's just make it a triple header

Khan vs Garcia II
                Canelo vs Cotto
                Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                  Nooooo the logic of some people on here is ridiculous. They said that they want Mayweather to fight Pacquiao. They said they hoped him losing Showtime money would force him to take on Pacquiao. They said that they hoped his date being under threat would force him to fight Pacquiao. Welllllllll, now you have your wish and Mayweather is ready to do it. Just because Canelo (who is not nearly as big in any sense, and not the champion in his bout), and DLH are digging their heels in, the same so-called fans suddenly forget they want the fight. All of a sudden they (and Arum) care more about something that could get in the way, and who are they pi$$ed at? The person trying to make the fight happen. THAT's messed up logic for you.
                  Look, it's this simple. Arum and odlh know that MAY PAC is a powerball lottery ticket waiting to be cashed, it requires no effort. Canelo cotto needs all the help it can get. So they are looking out for their best interests financially, which extends beyond two aging fighters. Therefore does it not make the most sense to have canelo cotto on may second in order to maximize profits? Or does it make sense to put a fight that needs no help at all in that date, in the process crippling your other event which now has to be moved to another date? If you were in their position I think you'd see it's an easy answer.

Comment

Riddle me this. If Arum is supposed to be promoting Cotto, who is a bigger selling fighter than Canelo, given the right date and venue (MSG), why does he care so much about what is right for Canelo and Mexicans at the expense of his own fighter? Which by proxy could be at the expense of Pacquiao too? It makes no sense.

Comment

Look, it's this simple. Arum and odlh know that MAY PAC is a powerball lottery ticket waiting to be cashed, it requires no effort. Canelo cotto needs all the help it can get. So they are looking out for their best interests financially, which extends beyond two aging fighters. Therefore does it not make the most sense to have canelo cotto on may second in order to maximize profits? Or does it make sense to put a fight that needs no help at all in that date, in the process crippling your other event which now has to be moved to another date? If you were in their position I think you'd see it's an easy answer.
                      Cotto is an aging fighter too, so the only one being pandered to is Canelo. He is not Arum's fighter so why do it at Cotto's and potentially Pacquiao's expense? People have been screaming about this fight and arguing to death over it, and now it has a chance to happen, the self same fans care more about another fight (because Bob Arum told them to)? You couldn't make this up.

Comment

Working...
                      X