Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the Floyd fans NOT in support of the Alexander fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
    I mean i saw posters asking why doesnt he give a young up and coming fighter a chance,they ****ted on the Guerrero fight,so fuck it
    Guerrero would be 5 times better than alexander... fkin hell

Even a Bradley fight

But Alexander??

He might aswel fight Brook

Comment

I will but i dont like it at all. Hopefully hes just bull ****ting , Mayweather likes to be known for ppv buys but he cant really expect this fight to do well. It will be an ugly fight too with less ppv buys than hes used to. it doesnt make any sense to me.

Comment

You guys are all gullible if you believe this. No way Floyd would say something like "Devon Alexander" is leading candidate if that's who he was really fighting. It's smoke and mirrors. It's to throw everyone off and be used as leverage against Guerrero or Canelo. Canelo won't sign on as undercard unless he has a sept fight against may so may is saying ill fight Devon in may and Guerrero in sept hoping that forces canelos hand but Devon fight isn't happening. I say 70% Guerrero 25% Canelo and 5% marquez. Yes I'm still holding out hope for marquez over Guerrero but know it won't happen. And 0% that its Devon.

Comment

Terrible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosity View Post
            You can add me to this list. Been a Floyd fan for a long time now, have bought his fights for nearly the last 10 years, but this is pathetic. As this fight stands right now I would not purchase it. Even with a stacked undercard I might not purchase it just out of principle. And it would have to be STACKED just for me to consider it.

If he needs a tune up fight I don't fault him. He's in his mid 30's and coming off a year absence. It would be understandable but you have to be up front about it. Not sell some crap opponent like Alexander as if it's worthy of the the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

It's really too bad for boxing and it's fans. 2012 was a great, resurgent year for the sport, and that was without Floyd. He CAN add so much more to the sport but if this is the crap he is going to pull I say who needs him?
            STFU LARRY X , and stop using ALTS!!!!

Comment

Alexander is just such an unappealing fighter.

I haven't watched one of his fights since Kotelnik because he is so goddamn boring. The only fights I would watch with Alexander was the Kell Brook fight to see if Brook was any good.

It seems we have seen Alexander's limit a long time ago and it is not very impressive.

Also wouldn't Devon get stripped of the IBF title if he doesnt fight Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by jrv1932 View Post
                You guys are all gullible if you believe this. No way Floyd would say something like "Devon Alexander" is leading candidate if that's who he was really fighting. It's smoke and mirrors. It's to throw everyone off and be used as leverage against Guerrero or Canelo. Canelo won't sign on as undercard unless he has a sept fight against may so may is saying ill fight Devon in may and Guerrero in sept hoping that forces canelos hand but Devon fight isn't happening. I say 70% Guerrero 25% Canelo and 5% marquez. Yes I'm still holding out hope for marquez over Guerrero but know it won't happen. And 0% that its Devon.
                So, by your logic, he's ducking Canelo.

Comment

I don't support this fight and I'd go so far as to say a part of me wants him to lose his next fight. Having a tune up fight is a part of the game, people didn't really bat an eyelid when Cotto fought Gomez or when De La Hoya fought Forbes. The pretense of it being a big fight I can deal with, they're in the business to make money.

What I don't like is the negative influence Mayweather ( and Pacquiao) are having on the sport, I feel as though they have single handedly ruined the divisions from 140-154lb. Fighters are skipping divisions in pursuit of fighting Mayweather or Pacquiao, fighters ( Canelo) are taking soft touch opponents so that their future pay day isn't ruined and now fighters are pulling out of competitive fights in order to land that pay day.

I'd be happy if he retired so that the new generation can thrive.

Comment

Possibly. I think he just wants to use Canelo to be on the undercard and then fight whoever he wants IF he fights in September. He doesn't want to be locked into Canelo fight because he likes to say he does what he wants and calls the shots. Personally I think he should stay away from 154 but in my opinion this is what's happening. Alexander is just a name for leverage against either Guerrero or Canelo in the future.

Comment

• I don't like the fight as much as I didn't like the Guerrero fight. However if he does fight again in September I won't be as dissapointed.

Shit fight nevertheless.

Comment

Working...
                      X