No announcement yet.

I Think Floyd Is In A Tough Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
    The thing is I actually like the fact dude gets hated on so hard on these boards. He has his flaws but he comes to fight. I dont think we have seen his best moments yet. Timing and working on defense can get him to the next level. What I want to see is Berto vs Cotto.
    You right Betro get a lil more hate than he deserves. But I can say that is pisses me off to see a fighter with such obvious flaws come into his next fights looking like he never even worked on those flaws. Berto has shown no improvement for a long time now. IMO its either him, the trainer or both. That is sad because the dude has some physical abilities that most people don't get blessed with but it seems like he is wasting them.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      You right Betro get a lil more hate than he deserves. But I can say that is pisses me off to see a fighter with such obvious flaws come into his next fights looking like he never even worked on those flaws. Berto has shown no improvement for a long time now. IMO its either him, the trainer or both. That is sad because the dude has some physical abilities that most people don't get blessed with but it seems like he is wasting them.
      The perfect trainer for Andre Berto would be one that could find a way to use his offense and speed to negate his defensive issues. Ironically thats probably Freddie Roach we will see if he can get it together. sorry dlt

Comment

Back to the thread topic. I don't think PBF is in a tough spot cause if Martinez is the fight for May 5 that is better than any opponent that Manny can fight. So IMO PBF 1 ups Manny again in choice of opponent. Sooner or later no matter how many people call PBF names about asking for a certain stlye of drug testing that some of the blame will start to be placed on Manny. I mean if PBF actually fights Martinez between 150-160 and wins and Martinez takes the tests. How can people really still claim that PBF is ducking Manny when he fought a bigger man who is considered by some between the P4P #1 and no lower than P4P#3. It will also show for PBF that he is willing to fight those challengers who are willing to take the drug tests. It will be his pattern so people will actually start to ask questions about the details of the testing that Manny and Arum are saying is no longer an issue. I just read that Manny has agreed to all of the testing BUT Arum is saying that while Manny is training in the Phillipines that the USADA can not be the group that tests Manny. WTF kind of **** is that if its true?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
          He will get ripped if he fights Khan in May. Khan hasn't even fought at 147 yet and he just said he might stay at 140 to fight Bradley.
          I reckon it will be Sergio, as it was only a few weeks ago when Martinez was saying a deal was almost done for the Floyd fight. They've just told him to stay hush for a while.
          Nah, I don't think so. At least Amir Khan is twice the better fighter than Ricky Hatton. I think that is a fair comparison. Hatton even though undefeated was tailor made for either Pacquiao and Mayweather. Amir Khan offers a lot of challenges for both P4P fighters. No, the criticism won't be as harsh as the Victor Ortiz in all truth. Amir Khan is absolutely a better fighter than Andre Berto and Victor Ortiz.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          QUestion:

Bob said last week floyd was afraid of manny's right hand, thats why the fight wont happen. Manny said this week the fight wont happen because floyd wants too much money.

Which reason do you believe is true?
          I don't believe in any reason I call it as I see it. Bob is a business man. One person cannot dictate everything in a business especially from two different parties are involved in it. Heck, even HBO and Showtime make way for either Top Rank and Golden Boy they make concessions and agreements as good partners. Mayweather declaring everything from the fight's date and location slaps at the face of Top Rank a legitimate and best boxing promotion company out there. People forget that Top Rank made the Mayweather brand. Anyone remembers "Pretty Boy" Floyd?

Anyway, if Mayweather was serious about negotiating a fight. All he had to do was shut his mouth until November 13 after Pacquiao's fight then start demanding for a fight. But no, the idiot made a scene and he looked like a b1tch for it. An insecure b1tch at that who wants attention from the media because obviously Pacquiao's 24/7 and hype are way better than the hype he got for his fight against Victor Ortiz. Mayweather is a ho for attention.

He pisses me off. Stay quiet and go after Pacquiao on November 13. Why is Manny's name in Mayweather's mouth all the freaking time? Also, why is he so defensive about fighting Pacquiao? He is scared. I know thugs who are complete cowards when they know they can't fuck with a person and all they can do is blabber about stupid things and act like a high school kid throwing tantrums.

Have you seen Pacquiao? Reporters all over the world ask him day and night when are you going to fight Mayweather. And his response for 3 years is still the same damn thing "If it happens, it happens. I am happy with my career and what I accomplished in it." Damn, son, if that tells you anything the man doesn't care about Mayweather at all. He cares more about Oscar de la Hoya, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, and all the other fighters he faced because those are the names he always mentioned in interviews. How lucky he was to fight Oscar. How he feels that Erik Morales gave him a great fight. How Barrera gave him an opportunity for P4P. Damn, son, that **** says a lot about Pacquiao and what he thinks.

Pacquiao doesn't give a **** about Mayweather at all. So, for the reasons, Pacquiao doesn't care at all and his job is to fight and not to look for a fight. He believes Top Rank has done him right so why fuck with a good relationship. Heck, Pacquiao is retiring in 2 years and he is one happy motherfucker. Unlike Floyd, who is still butthurt after 5 years separated from Top Rank. I mean what the flying fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
            Nah, I don't think so. At least Amir Khan is twice the better fighter than Ricky Hatton. I think that is a fair comparison. Hatton even though undefeated was tailor made for either Pacquiao and Mayweather. Amir Khan offers a lot of challenges for both P4P fighters. No, the criticism won't be as harsh as the Victor Ortiz in all truth. Amir Khan is absolutely a better fighter than Andre Berto and Victor Ortiz.

I don't believe in any reason I call it as I see it. Bob is a business man. One person cannot dictate everything in a business especially from two different parties are involved in it. Heck, even HBO and Showtime make way for either Top Rank and Golden Boy they make concessions and agreements as good partners. Mayweather declaring everything from the fight's date and location slaps at the face of Top Rank a legitimate and best boxing promotion company out there. People forget that Top Rank made the Mayweather brand. Anyone remembers "Pretty Boy" Floyd?

Anyway, if Mayweather was serious about negotiating a fight. All he had to do was shut his mouth until November 13 after Pacquiao's fight then start demanding for a fight. But no, the idiot made a scene and he looked like a b1tch for it. An insecure b1tch at that who wants attention from the media because obviously Pacquiao's 24/7 and hype are way better than the hype he got for his fight against Victor Ortiz. Mayweather is a ho for attention.

He pisses me off. Stay quiet and go after Pacquiao on November 13. Why is Manny's name in Mayweather's mouth all the freaking time? Also, why is he so defensive about fighting Pacquiao? He is scared. I know thugs who are complete cowards when they know they can't fuck with a person and all they can do is blabber about stupid things and act like a high school kid throwing tantrums.

Have you seen Pacquiao? Reporters all over the world ask him day and night when are you going to fight Mayweather. And his response for 3 years is still the same damn thing "If it happens, it happens. I am happy with my career and what I accomplished in it." Damn, son, if that tells you anything the man doesn't care about Mayweather at all. He cares more about Oscar de la Hoya, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, and all the other fighters he faced because those are the names he always mentioned in interviews. How lucky he was to fight Oscar. How he feels that Erik Morales gave him a great fight. How Barrera gave him an opportunity for P4P. Damn, son, that **** says a lot about Pacquiao and what he thinks.

Pacquiao doesn't give a **** about Mayweather at all. So, for the reasons, Pacquiao doesn't care at all and his job is to fight and not to look for a fight. He believes Top Rank has done him right so why fuck with a good relationship. Heck, Pacquiao is retiring in 2 years and he is one happy motherfucker. Unlike Floyd, who is still butthurt after 5 years separated from Top Rank. I mean what the flying fuck.

Can you tell me what is the difference between what PBF just did the other day and what Arum/ Top Rank did by posting a deadline clock and telling PBF the fight date of Nov. 13, 2010 and the 2 venues for the fight MGM or Texas.

Please tell me the difference!

Comment

Can you tell me what is the difference between what PBF just did the other day and what Arum/ Top Rank did by posting a deadline clock and telling PBF the fight date of Nov. 13, 2010 and the 2 venues for the fight MGM or Texas.

He cant, as i stated a few days ago, PAC AND ARUM KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS.....

Comment

Now you are being narrow minded. Bob Arum as a business man said he disliked the way Mayweather came out dictating everything. He said people should go over the options like business people do and come to an agreement.

He said there are options out there:

- Fight in Texas with that big modern stadium.
                - Fight in MGM.
                - Fight in Singapore.
                - Fight in Dubai.
                - Fight in Madison Square Garden.

Heck, this fight is so big and global that people are willing to lay down $50 million cash so that the fight is guaranteed but here is Mayweather saying the fight is on May 5th and it will be in MGM. I mean damn. What a stupid way of building a bridge to negotiating one of the most money making fight in history.

Edit: $50 Million is a lot of money and that is in cash. You can ask the teachers of New Jersey who are getting fired because the state can't find $5 Million to afford them.

Comment

Beautiful display of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                    Now you are being narrow minded. Bob Arum as a business man said he disliked the way Mayweather came out dictating everything. He said people should go over the options like business people do and come to an agreement.

He said there are options out there:

- Fight in Texas with that big modern stadium.
                    - Fight in MGM.
                    - Fight in Singapore.
                    - Fight in Dubai.
                    - Fight in Madison Square Garden.

Heck, this fight is so big and global that people are willing to lay down $50 million cash so that the fight is guaranteed but here is Mayweather saying the fight is on May 5th and it will be in MGM. I mean damn. What a stupid way of building a bridge to negotiating one of the most money making fight in history.

Edit: $50 Million is a lot of money and that is in cash. You can ask the teachers of New Jersey who are getting fired because the state can't find $5 Million to afford them.
                    You said all of that to say what? Cause you still didn't explain the difference between the two. If you favor Arum just say so cause that is the way you coming off. PBF did the exact same **** Arum but Arum doesn't like it. So WTF made Arum think PBF liked the **** he pulled last time in doing the samething?

If you being honest with yourself and feel PBF was wrong then you have to feel Arum was wrong last year as well.

Comment

I stopped reading after you said ortiz rematch.

Floyd already said thats not gonna happen, and the public would never support it.

Comment

Working...
                      X