Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Torres: "Floyd Mayweather is a cocky A-hole and I will smash his ass"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fan of both sports. I think that this thread exist due to Mayweather kept inisisting that MMA do not require skills and it is for beer drinkers and "animals" etc. Boxing makes more money, period, but a professional sportsman should not trash another sport repeatly but backs out when challenged...

Every sport requires skills, but I got friends who like to say that boxing is only for people who don't know how to use their legs to fight. Well.... are they wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by Pecs View Post
      I am a fan of both sports. I think that this thread exist due to Mayweather kept inisisting that MMA do not require skills and it is for beer drinkers and "animals" etc. Boxing makes more money, period, but a professional sportsman should not trash another sport repeatly but backs out when challenged...

Every sport requires skills, but I got friends who like to say that boxing is only for people who don't know how to use their legs to fight. Well.... are they wrong???
      No they are not wrong but that doesn't mean anything. Boxers can't kick, **** I can't even get my leg past my hips...lol

I know that I spar with MMA guys all the time here in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and have even sparred with guys from Top Team and gotten the best of them in a boxing match simply because it's something I have done all my life. If I was to even attempt to graple with them, I would be like a turtle on my back and get pummeled.....

Doesn't mean I'm not good or they are not good, it's just apples and oranges and I don't know why people continue this stupid discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Miki Nakayama View Post
        http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,178557

Money would definitely easily get submitted.
        No, I don't think he'd get submitted, I don't think that would happen - if Torres got him on the ground he'd ground and pound him just for the satisfaction of punching him unconscious - and if he decided to submit him, he would ignore any tap, and he'd either choke and choke until Floyd went to sleep or he'd snap a limb clean in two.

And I'd be cheering the whole time. I hope JMM messes that pretty face up, permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          No they are not wrong but that doesn't mean anything. Boxers can't kick, **** I can't even get my leg past my hips...lol

I know that I spar with MMA guys all the time here in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and have even sparred with guys from Top Team and gotten the best of them in a boxing match simply because it's something I have done all my life. If I was to even attempt to graple with them, I would be like a turtle on my back and get pummeled.....

Doesn't mean I'm not good or they are not good, it's just apples and oranges and I don't know why people continue this stupid discussion.

right on. the two sports may seem similar to an average fight fan...but are vastly different competitions to anyone that truly follows the boxing/mma world.

Comment

LOL floyd by massive KO in a boxing ring, it looks to me like torres has never even seen floyd fight.

Comment

Where are all the Miguel Angel Torres fans now?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                Go torres
                this guy cheers for anyone who isn't black .

Comment

torres would smash mayweather's face in

Comment

Working...
                  X