Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with stretch marks, any suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with stretch marks, any suggestions?

Anyone have a problem with stretchmarks?

I have them all over my shoulders, and around armpit area and chest...I've suffered from bad stretchmarks on my thighs years back but that has healed now but you can still see the marks.

I'm getting fresh ones on my biceps now and I was just wondering if there is anything I can take, or rub on to minimize them...

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

I have them all over my shoulders, and around armpit area and chest...I've suffered from bad stretchmarks on my thighs years back but that has healed now but you can still see the marks.

I'm getting fresh ones on my biceps now and I was just wondering if there is anything I can take, or rub on to minimize them...
    Cocoa butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
      mike tyson

cocoa butter is good, pretty much anything with vitamin e. this will make your skin more elastic and keep the stretch marks from getting worse.

to help get rid of them it takes years of patience or a doctor, you have to use some kind of exfoliating lotion/soap on the area to peel off un needed skin layers. like in the shower use some lava soap and scrub up the stretch marks, then after the shower spend about 10 mins rubbing lotion into them.

but of coruse you dont have to use lava soap, anthing that exfoliates works. you could probably even take a handfull of sandbox sand and add it to some cheap soap and that would work.

do this every day and over time you will seem them dissapearing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        Cocoa butter.
        Is that what you apply in your tummy?

Comment

Depends on your skin...dark skin seems to be more susceptible to stretchmarks. I've know some women who have used Bio-Oil after pregnancy and said it works...but is quite expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anal Assassin View Post
            Is that what you apply in your tummy?
            And baby oil.

Comment

A lot of the lotions and oils are more preventative and you should try to be as well hydrated as possible which is good for the skin.

I don't think you can really "heal" stretch marks as they are somewhat permanent scars on the skin. However you can reduce them getting worse by continuing to keep your skin hydrated with lotion/oil and drinking water.

If you're in shape (which I am not), then they look more like fit battle scars rather than "overweight stretching scars"

Comment

this article should help.

http://health.msn.com/womens-health/...-stretch-marks

women suffer through the worst stretch marks due to pregnancy so i searched for women's stretch mark cures.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...

I think I'll buy a vitamin E gel and just apply it to the stretch mark areas after I shower...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    http://health.msn.com/womens-health/...-stretch-marks

women suffer through the worst stretch marks due to pregnancy so i searched for women's stretch mark cures.
                    Nice find...

Comment

Working...
                    X