My next door neighbors son can throw a baseball 94 mph. Is this normal? He's 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah I bust at 95

Comment

I had a sh.it today that came out at 95 miles per hour.

Thanks, Red Bull.

Comment

Is he a righty or a lefty?

Comment

This guy

name shohei otani throw 160kph/99mph at highschool now his fastest pitch record are 162 kph/101mph only 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
            They moved here from Ghana about 3 months ago and me and her son decided to go to the batting cages since he said he's never played baseball, but he was interested in it. He was interested in the radar gun seeing other people throwing, so he gave it a try and the first time he threw the ball extremely hard but his throwing motion was way off, so I showed him the correct way to do it. After about 20 minutes he wanted to try again. The first pitch was 82, the second was 86 3rd pitch was 89. I told him to hold on because I thought the gun was broke so I asked the supervisor and he confirmed it was in working order. I thought it was weird since when I throw it is usually around 65mph. We were there for a good 30 minutes and the hardest he threw was 94 mph. All of this was on the first day. I asked him why he has never played baseball and she said he could never afford to play since he and his mom were poor and he had to drop out of school to help support him and his mother. My question is, it this normal for someone to throw this hard? He's 17 and tall and lanky around 6'6
            I bet he's in his mid 20's.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised. Humans have evolved the ability to throw over thousands of years, it is a natural ability, being that tall and lengthy you're gonna be able to generate some really good power. Consider he's from Africa, his ancestors were probably hunting, throwing their weapons for such a long time.

Africa has some insane athletes, many just don't have any outlet. I remember NBA players visiting there to ball up, these kids had like "40 verticals and couldn't even afford shoes, the NBA players couldn't believe their athleticism.

Comment

When I played baseball in HS. The whole city had 2 players that threw above 90. One of them was Billy Butler, he plays with the Royals and the other one was Eric Hurley, he played for Texas.

Comment

Aroldis Chapman for the Reds can get it up to 105 MPH. Cuba is great at producing Baseball players, and Boxers.

Comment

You say he's 6'6", so I believe you.

Also, you gain nothing from telling a lie in this nature. It's neither funny, or an out of this world, never before seen feat. Lastly, not being able to play baseball because you are poor is a very common problem. In any sport you want to participate in, you need some kind of supporting character to make it. Whether it's a parent, a coach, a mentor who put you on, a teacher, a cop in involved in sports for kids, etc. You need support. Can't do it by yourself.

Comment

At 16 years old my first throw ever while practicing as a pitcher, was 70mph. I was 5'6" and had about 68" wingspan and weighed 150lbs. It's believable that a guy at 6'6", probably much longer arms than me, more weight to use towards throwing the ball, can at least throw 20mph more than I could have. That is why I also believe it.

Comment

Working...
                      X