No announcement yet.

The 18 Most Suppressed Inventions Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    We already have the technology to replace oil, we just don't because it's such a gigantic industry and world economic stabilizer.

We will just charge for something else, it's only a matter of time.
    The question is how long, approximately? it's a rhetorical question.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      sp 50 gets a new camaro.

I'll fucking cut you....

Comment

We already have the technology to replace oil, we just don't because it's such a gigantic industry and world economic stabilizer.

we couldn't replace the stuff overnight. it would be a transition that will take decades. i believe it's happening right now, slowly, and under tremendous resistance from said industry. most of the major auto makers either have or are developing hybridized vehicles. they're all focusing on fuel milage, which is bad for business for the oil companies (shell, exxon, BP, chevron, and conoco phillips, and the communist chinese oil company / industry.)

what are some of the biggest companies in teh world other than energy companies?

auto makers. they're not going down because gasoline is too expensive. if they don't move from gasoline, the end will be in a few generations at the most.

toyota, daimler, volkswagen, for motor company, catterpillar, are likewise some of the biggest companies on the planet, and part of one of the world's largest industries. they were so big that some of them were bailed out...

i won't pretend to know exactly how it will work, but we'll certainly make a transition to fuels other than gasoline.

Comment

I don't see why governments or oil giants would suppress the development of alternative energy sources.

There will always be a demand for oil as it is present in most consumer products.

If these alternative energy (infinite energy sources) actually worked it would be quite easy for oil companies to invest in the technology and monopolise the market and still make huge revenues from oil.

The problem is that most of the inventions listed in this thread don't exist or don't work as described.

Comment

i pump diesel fuel constantly, and i'd love to be able to give it up
            stuff is dirty.

cars won't be running on gas by the time we die, pea. sorry, car guy. a gallon of gas will cost you 50 bucks some day. the stuff is finite.

my next car is going to be another sports car. brand new WRX with all my boxes checked. my lease on my current subie is up in 2.5 years, then it's on to my second rex. after that i'll probably never drive a gasoline engine again.

electricity is not finite. you can make it from the sun, wind, tides, heat from underground, etc.

you're gonna be plugging your whip in with the rest of us in 30 years
            You leased your WRX? Mine's geting old now. 2003 and I live in Vermont where they like to coat the roads with salt brine. I've got a few rusty spots that I need to address but I'm gonna rock this puppy for a couple more years.

Comment

The major issue is that oil based fuel is currently the most efficient and cost effective fuel. As oil becomes more expensive and non-oil fuel becomes more affordable you will start to see a major switch.

The oil companies are powerful but not powerful enough that they could suppress technology that would make the cost of business dramatically less for every single other industry on earth, along with all governments.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                The question is how long, approximately? it's a rhetorical question.
                We will know, we can estimate stuff like that pretty well.

we couldn't replace the stuff overnight. it would be a transition that will take decades. i believe it's happening right now, slowly, and under tremendous resistance from said industry. most of the major auto makers either have or are developing hybridized vehicles. they're all focusing on fuel milage, which is bad for business for the oil companies (shell, exxon, BP, chevron, and conoco phillips, and the communist chinese oil company / industry.)

what are some of the biggest companies in teh world other than energy companies?

auto makers. they're not going down because gasoline is too expensive. if they don't move from gasoline, the end will be in a few generations at the most.

toyota, daimler, volkswagen, for motor company, catterpillar, are likewise some of the biggest companies on the planet, and part of one of the world's largest industries. they were so big that some of them were bailed out...

i won't pretend to know exactly how it will work, but we'll certainly make a transition to fuels other than gasoline.
                Oh of course, it will take time and we are set as a world economy that depends on oil. Cars won't stop running though because there isn't oil, neither will anything else. We are just waiting for the oil reserves to get to a level where we will really start investing in other methods of energy and there's plenty out there.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                The major issue is that oil based fuel is currently the most efficient and cost effective fuel. As oil becomes more expensive and non-oil fuel becomes more affordable you will start to see a major switch.

The oil companies are powerful but not powerful enough that they could suppress technology that would make the cost of business dramatically less for every single other industry on earth, along with all governments.
                Yes no doubt but I do believe that oil companies have suppressed things like battery technology because of the car industry and their dependency on oil.

I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist but I do believe they are powerful enough to make sure things are slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  You leased your WRX? Mine's geting old now. 2003 and I live in Vermont where they like to coat the roads with salt brine. I've got a few rusty spots that I need to address but I'm gonna rock this puppy for a couple more years.

i lease an impreza now. i got less than 3 years left and i am counting the days

my wrx died .

the engine went at 125 k miles. i was going to put a new one in there, but as you alluded to, the body was rusty, and my struts were all gone. the catalytic converter was gone too. it ran fine (minus the blown engine,) but wouldn't pass inspection.
                  Last edited by New England; 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

We will know, we can estimate stuff like that pretty well.

Oh of course, it will take time and we are set as a world economy that depends on oil. Cars won't stop running though because there isn't oil, neither will anything else. We are just waiting for the oil reserves to get to a level where we will really start investing in other methods of energy and there's plenty out there.

Yes no doubt but I do believe that oil companies have suppressed things like battery technology because of the car industry and their dependency on oil.

I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist but I do believe they are powerful enough to make sure things are slowed down

you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist for any of that. businesses run this country. they always have. any changes that come about will go through those businesses and their profiteering.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I'll fucking cut you....

you still got your WW1 issue pocket knife, for "cutting greasy italians?"

when that camaro engine is revving full bore, do you feel a sudden need to rush to the restroom, or are you rocking old man diapers with confidence?

Comment

Working...
                      X