Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the casuals remember most about Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    There is abit of irony here, the topic is about casual fans remembering pacman. Yet it is the guys on here that call themselves 'true fans' go gaga over pacquiao getting ko'd. Its like they have never seen a Ko before. As a pacman fan and a boxing aficionado. I got over the fight about a week after, because that's one of the sacrifices boxers have to pay. But all those that love to hate are in actual fact the 'casual fans'. Its a disgrace, they laugh and jeer those that get KO'd like that. Especially with those Bobsled things! Y'all should learn to respect.
    I think a casual fan gets over a fight easily! And a hardcore fan hurts for years! In boxing we have our favorites and the rivals of our favorites. When the rivals loose to our favorites, we celebrate! You see it even more in Football! Trash talk between all the hardcore fans, and the Casuals only care if the game was entertaining and end of story, forgotten till the next good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      yeah like people remember duran was an ATG and not no mas. No matter how hard you try this KO will be ingrained in people's memory.
      Very true. Much like the Hatton saga. There's no disagreement there. But the Mayweather linkage will never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        Very true. Much like the Hatton saga. There's no disagreement there. But the Mayweather linkage will never be forgotten.
        dude, be a boxing fan for once. down the road people aren't going to blame just floyd. no matter how much you diehard pac fans want them to. you think someone is gonna actually say what is said here, "yeah floyd was so cheap offering him $40 mil". cmon man.

both will get blamed equally.

Comment

He will remembered as that great boxer that wanted to prove he was better than Márquez, and failed.

Or...

That great boxer that could beat everybody, except Márquez.
          Last edited by Phantomas; 12-28-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

The casual fans will defenitely remember Pac being KTFO'd by Marquez. This is because these casual fans doesn't know that Marquez is Pac's kryptonite, and they think Marquez is just some regular boxer. These casual fans are the same ones accusing Marquez of steroids, and some of these casual fans also believe that Pac is undefeated (Ive met a few of these and I was quite embarassed). So for these casual fans, to see their superstar KTFO'd will defenitely be remembered.

Real boxing fans understands that Marquez is Pac's kryptonite, and that KO was purely from perfect timing and placement, not PEDs. They understand that getting KTFO is part of the game and 1 punch can change everything. Was it a shocker that Pac got KTFOd? Sure, but not as shocking to those casuals that always believed Pac was invincible and who doesn't know who Marquez really is.

Comment

dude, be a boxing fan for once. down the road people aren't going to blame just floyd. no matter how much you diehard pac fans want them to. you think someone is gonna actually say what is said here, "yeah floyd was so cheap offering him $40 mil". cmon man.

both will get blamed equally.
              Floyd never wanted the fight at any cost. He was scared of Poochiao. Floyd pretended he's interested. So all these roadblocks he dumped are immaterial. He would not have fought Paq even if Paq agreed to all of them including your $40 million. That's the bottom line.

Not all who dislike the vacationer are Manny fans. hehe... You should remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                Floyd never wanted the fight at any cost. He was scared of Poochiao. Floyd pretended he's interested. So all these roadblocks he dumped are immaterial. He would not have fought Paq even if Paq agreed to all of them including your $40 million. That's the bottom line.

Not all who dislike the vacationer are Manny fans. hehe... You should remember that.
                your trying too hard.

Comment

your trying too hard.
                  Not easy to come up with something original and not repetitive especially when it will only fall on fanatical deaf ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                    History is much kinder to a lot of fighters. Pacquiao is praised for transcending the sport of Boxing..not becuase his actual boxing...and i believe thats how he'll be remembered.

I mean when you think of Joe Louis do you immediately remember him as the guy who was knocked out of the ring by Marciano?
                    No offense but Joe Louis was big and I mean BIG. No modern boxer can even come close to the social impact Joe had on the sport and how long he was the face of the sport. Only Ali ever came close.

Better to compare with Tyson. I loved Tyson but the image I will always have is him crawling on the canvas fumbling for his mouthpiece. Fair? Nope. Fact? Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterinMI View Post
                      No offense but Joe Louis was big and I mean BIG. No modern boxer can even come close to the social impact Joe had on the sport and how long he was the face of the sport. Only Ali ever came close.

Better to compare with Tyson. I loved Tyson but the image I will always have is him crawling on the canvas fumbling for his mouthpiece. Fair? Nope. Fact? Yup.
                      That's not the image casual fans have of Tyson so who cares?

Comment

Working...
                      X