Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Mayweather comfortably make 140lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Mayweather comfortably make 140lbs?

Poll to come.
    yes
    22.22%
    no
    77.78%

yes........

Comment

would he be weight drained?

Comment

No, not comfortably.

He would be weight-drained. If he could easily make 140, he would have agreed to fight JMM at that weight.

Comment

I don't think so...hasn't fought there in years...

Comment

Yes, he can.

Floyd's fight night weight has never been over 150 lbs. Not even when he had a license to do it for Oscar. Even the JWW's are above 150 on fight night. In fact, many LIGHTWEIGHTS are 146-148 on fight night.

Michael David Smith: How much does Manny weigh right now? And seeing as Oscar’s significantly bigger than anyone Manny’s fought before how does that change his preparation?

Freddie Roach: He weighs 151 pounds right now. We have him on a better diet and feeding him more protein and putting the weight on (unintelligible) keeping that weight stabilized actually.

And he’s been about the same weight throughout camp and so we were a couple of pounds overweight, actually. We’re not coming up and weighing. We didn’t use any weightlifting or anything like that to make him bigger just because I believe speed wins this fight.

His body fat is 6%. His weight’s good. Oscar’s a little taller and so forth but by fight time I think Oscar will probably weigh about 160 pounds and Manny will be about 150 pounds.

So ten pounds I’m not really worried about that because I feel that speed wins this fight - not size.

Comment

No. There is a reason he refuses to.

Comment

naaaaaahhhh, the dude should have fought marquez at 140. why didnt he?? because he cant make that weight comfotably.

Comment

Working...
                X