Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older you get the more you realize how much life is full of ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life only makes sense when we look back into the past... Too bad we are always moving forward... Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays to those who don't recognize or celebrate xmas...

Comment

i saw the bull**** at an early age, it was with age that i started to understand that its part of life and not in an entirely bad way. life is good and bad, you just have to fight through the bull**** and enjoy the positive to the fullest.

dont ignore the bad stuff, face it, deal with it and then leave it behind you. learn from it if you can, but other than that dont allow it to change you. dont lose hope or get bitter.

the good is simple, dont waste it or take it for granted. there are a thousand beautiful little things we see every day that we dont appreciate and its a real shame. especially since so many of us get hung up on the thousand ugly little things and let that bring us down instead.

life is full of bull**** alright, along with beauty, joy and happiness among many other things. life is simply full and what you fill your life with is up to you, bull**** will slip through. but if it wasnt for pain one could not truly appreciate pleasure.

greed and selfishness is an ugly side of life, but that makes it that much better when you meet people who are truly unselfish and indifferent to monetary wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        i saw the bull**** at an early age, it was with age that i started to understand that its part of life and not in an entirely bad way. life is good and bad, you just have to fight through the bull**** and enjoy the positive to the fullest.

dont ignore the bad stuff, face it, deal with it and then leave it behind you. learn from it if you can, but other than that dont allow it to change you. dont lose hope or get bitter.

the good is simple, dont waste it or take it for granted. there are a thousand beautiful little things we see every day that we dont appreciate and its a real shame. especially since so many of us get hung up on the thousand ugly little things and let that bring us down instead.

life is full of bull**** alright, along with beauty, joy and happiness among many other things. life is simply full and what you fill your life with is up to you, bull**** will slip through. but if it wasnt for pain one could not truly appreciate pleasure.

greed and selfishness is an ugly side of life, but that makes it that much better when you meet people who are truly unselfish and indifferent to monetary wealth.
        Right you don't get 50/50 good or bad these are just stories the mind makes up. You get all of life and assign whatever meaning you want to the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
          Money can buy happiness. Only poor people say otherwise.
          Money cannot buy happiness. Poor and rich both suffer discontent and depression. Also, there are plenty of people across the globe who lack material wealth, but are content and happy.

The problem, then, is with desire. People's desires are what drives them to discontent and then "unhappiness". Desires can be bought with money and provide a distraction for unhappiness, but how many desires can be bought without running out of money? You see, happiness is self-content down to one's basic self. I know no one who is is truly happy. Maybe those buddhists monks, because i believe one of the eight folds of buddha is to relieve oneself of desire. Without further getting too deeper in this, i am saying that money can only buy desires to distract from unhappiness, but it can't really buy true happiness. Once a man has desires he can't be happy, but rather content that he achieve his desires.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            Money cannot buy happiness. Poor and rich both suffer discontent and depression. Also, there are plenty of people across the globe who lack material wealth, but are content and happy.

The problem, then, is with desire. People's desires are what drives them to discontent and then "unhappiness". Desires can be bought with money and provide a distraction for unhappiness, but how many desires can be bought without running out of money? You see, happiness is self-content down to one's basic self. I know no one who is is truly happy. Maybe those buddhists monks, because i believe one of the eight folds of buddha is to relieve oneself of desire. Without further getting too deeper in this, i am saying that money can only buy desires to distract from unhappiness, but it can't really buy true happiness. Once a man has desires he can't be happy, but rather content that he achieve his desires.
            Yes, its the constant wanting, its like a drug but the opposite is true as well; aversion. With desire and aversion comes all negative emotions like attachment, fear, anger, sadness. This constant emotional instability is what prompts suffering, the cure for suffering is elimination of the root cause.

Comment

Working...
            X