No announcement yet.

Weights vs push ups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post
    though the boxer spends 10 rounds a day on the double end bag so he has the rythem to dodge his opponents punches and he has the accuracy to punch the linebacker in his throat remember its a street fight not a mma match and hit in the throat with a solid jab anyone no matter how strong they are is going down
    Someone with a football background is most likely going to tackle you to the ground and beat the crap out of you. Also when he shoots he'll have his head down. So there goes your throat punch.

Either way though, your logic is flawed.

What if the boxer also spends 8 hours a day meditating and can use black magic and has a tiger for a spirit animal. And the linerbacker is out of Mana and doesn't know stopspell.

Seriously, bigger athletic men will generally beat smaller athletic men. Not always, but in this situation you're giving up age and alot of size, and obviously a little maturity as well.

You have a better chance beating him in a boxing match then you do a street fight. But why don't you just invite him to do some full contact sparring with you, allow takedowns, knees and elbows or whatever you guys are comfortable with, and settle it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
      Someone with a football background is most likely going to tackle you to the ground and beat the crap out of you. Also when he shoots he'll have his head down. So there goes your throat punch.

Either way though, your logic is flawed.

What if the boxer also spends 8 hours a day meditating and can use black magic and has a tiger for a spirit animal. And the linerbacker is out of Mana and doesn't know stopspell.
      haha great post

Comment

Well guys!!According to me that bodyweight exercises use your body
        weight to provide resistance against your muscles. These include exercises
        such as push-ups and pull-ups. Weight training uses barbells, dumbbells or weight machines to provide resistance, and allows you to perform heavier
        lifting and more exercises...

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          That's a lot if weight to make up to be honest. For instance with me, i would like to think I can beat most football players up because I'm trained. But at some point it honestly makes a difference since you cant hurt the guy, even without gloves. Football players for all the **** people talk tend to have some of the higher pain tolerences than some random meat head.. If he tackles guy hes dead
          Pretty much this.

I'd like to imagine since I have the training I could beat up your average meat-head, but at a certain point you gotta believe that size will become a factor.

Comment

Strategy is critical, its not unusual for less sized yet experienced martial artist to kayo a larger power lifter. Muscle tissue don't magically convert one into a martial artist. That said, if the larger guy has any idea on how to impact, he will hit way more complicated. Simple science.

Cary Personal Trainer
            Last edited by Dasim22; 12-03-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

the bigger you are - more noisier during fall.

push ups, dips bar, pull ups - over weight lifting!

Comment

little guy is definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, gonna get knocked out

seriously all he does is pushups? pushups peak early and you're quickly left just training muscle endurance, 160 guy might even be featherfisted at his own weightclass, unless he has an aptitude to punching technique and tries to murder the heavybag

Comment

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post
                  So i was thinking if their were two men
                  the first one being only around 160 pounds and 5 foot 9 tall and he does 5 sets of 50 push ups and sit ups and a 3 mile run and he spends 8 rounds on the double end bag 7 days a week

the second man is 6 foot 4 and 260 pounds and he can bench press 600 pound ten reps and he plays college football and he is a linebacker

now both of them are around the same age the amatuer boxer is 18 and the college linebacker is 22

so who would win in a fight between these two the amatuer or linebacker
                  i want to know because lately alot of people keep telling no matter how many push ups i do even if its 200 push ups in a row i wont have a stronger punch if i cant lift more than them
                  If the boxer is Hagler... Robinson... Greb etc. then I'd go with the fighter.

Comment

Working...
                  X