Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vitali Klitschko believe David Haye will beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    The "trouble" Klitschko was talking about was because he had only one arm from round 2.....
    The problem with accepting this as an excuse for the performance means we then have to accept Haye's injury excuse for the Wladimir fight.

So if you're saying that because Vitali was injured against Chisora, we can't use it as a guideline to how he might do against Haye. In the same way, because Haye was injured against Wladimir we can't use it as a guideline to how he might do against Vitali.

And even if you decide to just believe Vitali's injury excuse, and totally ignore Haye's injury excuse, the fact is that Vitali and Wladimir have two different styles and skills so we can't take one of the fighters as a benchmark as to how any opponent would perform against both of them. It's important to accept they are individual boxers who could perform very differently against the same opponent.

Comment

I think the better question would be does Boente think Haye would beat Vitali, I'm sure Vitali himself is confident he would get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        The problem with accepting this as an excuse for the performance means we then have to accept Haye's injury excuse for the Wladimir fight.

So if you're saying that because Vitali was injured against Chisora, we can't use it as a guideline to how he might do against Haye. In the same way, because Haye was injured against Wladimir we can't use it as a guideline to how he might do against Vitali.

And even if you decide to just believe Vitali's injury excuse, and totally ignore Haye's injury excuse, the fact is that Vitali and Wladimir have two different styles and skills so we can't take one of the fighters as a benchmark as to how any opponent would perform against both of them. It's important to accept they are individual boxers who could perform very differently against the same opponent.
        good post I hate the double standards - u can't count vitali performance v chisora but because of Haye's performance v wlad he would obviously lose.

Comment

I doubt it.

I don't think Haye would beat him. He'd probably attack early, get hit hard then go into a shell and make up some excuse at the end of the fight:

"Oi.. Look at me genitals. Last noight I was 'avin a gay toime with me gay lover The Weebler II and I stubbed me knob a bit to 'ard on 'is feckin bum I did."
          Last edited by Derranged; 10-11-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I don't think Haye really believes he can beat Vitali......

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              The "trouble" Klitschko was talking about was because he had only one arm from round 2.... I thought that by now this would have seeped down through the sediment. He damaged his rotator cuff and had surgery as soon as the fight was over.

If he ends up not fighting Haye, it will have nothing to do with Haye's quality. He dislikes Haye intensely, but I don't think he'd deliberately deprive him of a payday. If fit, he'll chase Haye all around the ring, and when he catches him, he'll kill him. I can see Haye running backwards the whole fight, a sort of Valuev "strategy".....

Your thread misses a point. With two good arms, Klitschko could have finished Chisora in,say- being generous- 6 rounds.
              I'm a fan of vitali and I don't think he's ducking Haye and I think he'd beat Haye.

But **** off with the injury thing.

If we are not accepting solis injury, Hayes foot etc then we are not accepting vitalis torn rotator cuff when he was waving his arms around just fine after the fight

Comment

Haye's ageing game cost him the shot.
                Had the goods but never seemed mentally equal to Don Vito.
                'Father and son'.

Comment

Working...
                X