No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why people are upset about Freddies 145 suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure why people are upset about Freddies 145 suggestion

This potential bout is being touted as being for "pound for pound" supremacy by everyone involved, fans and writers.

Last I checked,

"pound for pound" was never a weight class.

and for millions of years, Floyd has been a "small welterweight" when it came to fighting Margarito, Cotto and Williams so this limit shouldn't be a problem for him and his fans. Especially since he's the one calling for a Pacquiao fight.

Shouldnt the one asking for the fight be submitting to conditions? Didnt Hatton and JMM oblidge Floyd?

Comment

This fight will be at 147.

Comment

Come on.
        Pac beat a true WW without any problems.
        Stop the catchweight BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          and for millions of years, Floyd has been a "small welterweight" when it came to fighting Margarito, Cotto and Williams so this limit shouldn't be a problem for him and his fans. Especially since he's the one calling for a Pacquiao fight.

Shouldnt the one asking for the fight be submitting to conditions? Didnt Hatton and JMM oblidge Floyd?
          Ah yes,

and lets not forget,

"Floyd could easily get down to 140 if he wanted to".

Comment

d real dehydrator pls stand up....

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
              Come on.
              Pac beat a true WW without any problems.
              Stop the catchweight BS.

But this is for pound for pound supremacy. Floyd loves to brag about how he beat the number 2 fighter in the world, at a catch weight no less.

As has been previously mentioned, when Hatton and JMM called out Floyd and got their wish,

they made concessions to get the fight done.

Floyds begging Manny for a fight right now.

Comment

Can Floyd still make 140? If so why not have it at 140? The lineal best would be on the line. I mean I always heard Floyd aint a true WW. I heard that he didn't even try to get down 144 against JMM. So he should still be able to make 140 right?

Comment

Why should Floyd have an advantage? 145 is only fair. 140 is Pacquiao's weight class. 147 is where Mayweather feels comfortable. 145 is fair play.

Comment

rofl, roach put the pac nuthuggers in a real predicament, having to try and justify why pac should fight floyd at a 145 catchweight, but could also go up to 154 and fight yuri foreman.

where's my popcorn, this should be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X