Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams is getting no respect on this board.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem with williams for me is just who has fought and also how he performs in some of them

his best win for me was probably margarito but he still nearly lost it if margarito hadn't of given up so many early rounds

he was outboxed by quintana in the first fight devastated him in the second fight i give him that nuff said

but the best he has looked is against guys like winky who are terrible style match ups for him

martinez was anyone's guess as to who won

he has yet to beat a real top fighter in a dominant fashion

he is still a heck of a fighter though he has a chance of beating anyone from 147-160

he has shown that he can be outboxed though his heart gets him through though so he's dangerous

hence why no one wants to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Ive seen people rank Cotto, JMM, Martinez and Hopkins over him.

Gimme a damn break here.
      If the rematch with Martinez happens I will say right now that Williams will be severely underestimated and underrated by many posters here. And many will be shocked when he wins more decisively than the first fight. I am predicting this right now because I see a lot of ridiculous comments underrating Williams and overrating Martinez. Some seem to think that Martinez dominated Williams in that first fight ignoring that Martinez not only got hit more in that fight than usual, but got very tired and really held on the last two rounds. That's why I believe Martinez lost the decision by two points.. I know I'm going to be placing a lot of bets if Williams beats Cintron and the Martinez rematch is made. Paul Williams is humble and always willing to fight everybody. And he brings it. That's why I find it hypocritical for some people to hate him when they claim that's the type of fighter they like.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
        he gets respect and support from me

but,

why do you think williams should be ranked higher than those name you mentioned? explain
        Hopkins- Hes shot to pieces he just proved vs. Jones. He had a zombie in front of him and didnt even hurt Roy once. His timing, speed and accuracy was off completely. Hopkins is shot now. Hes an ATG and should hang em up.

Cotto- In his last 4 fights hes 2-2.Got destroyed by Margarito. Beat Jennings who is a bum. Damn near lost to an average Clottey. Then got ass raped by Pacquiao.

JMM- Last we seen he got shut out by Floyd. Then had a chance to fight Soto, Peterson, Khan, Guzman, Mitchell, Katsidis, Funeka, or Valero (R.I.P). Yet chose to rematch a shot Diaz.Then on top of that he has his eyes set on a shot Hatton and a shot Morales next.

Meanwhile.

Williams is on a 5 fight winning streak and among those 5 was Martinez a fighter who is better then Cotto, Hopkins, and JMM right now.

Comment

Ive seen people rank Cotto, JMM, Martinez and Hopkins over him.

Gimme a damn break here.

Hopkins and JMM are done.

Cotto(if he beats YURI) and Martinez should be little bit hire on p4p rankings then PAul WILLIAMS.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
            the problem with williams for me is just who has fought and also how he performs in some of them

his best win for me was probably margarito but he still nearly lost it if margarito hadn't of given up so many early rounds

he was outboxed by quintana in the first fight devastated him in the second fight i give him that nuff said

but the best he has looked is against guys like winky who are terrible style match ups for him

martinez was anyone's guess as to who won

he has yet to beat a real top fighter in a dominant fashion

he is still a heck of a fighter though he has a chance of beating anyone from 147-160

he has shown that he can be outboxed though his heart gets him through though so he's dangerous

hence why no one wants to fight him
            He didn't "give up" the early rounds. He lost them. That was because Williams was quicker and more active. It's not like Margarito went in and said "Ok Paul, I'll let you win the first five then I'll try to catch up to you". Ridiculous.

Comment

pwill is good but he ent that good.he hasnt done enough to be in the top 5 of the p4p list

Comment

JMM- Last we seen he got shut out by Floyd. Then had a chance to fight Soto, Peterson, Khan, Guzman, Mitchell, Katsidis, Funeka, or Valero (R.I.P). Yet chose to rematch a shot Diaz.Then on top of that he has his eyes set on a shot Hatton and a shot Morales next.
                i like marquez but i have to question his next selection of opponents i can understand him wanting to fight pacquiao (who doesn't it's the best paycheck going other than floyd) but erick morales are they really considering that?

Meanwhile.

Williams is on a 5 fight winning streak and among those 5 was Martinez a fighter who is better then Cotto, Hopkins, and JMM right now.
                this is true also

Comment

Paul Williams > Martinez........if they fight I bet Williams will beat him again

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    He didn't "give up" the early rounds. He lost them. That was because Williams was quicker and more active. It's not like Margarito went in and said "Ok Paul, I'll let you win the first five then I'll try to catch up to you". Ridiculous.
                    your right i didn't mean it like that

but in his next fight against i think it was cintron he made a point of getting of to a quick start which he didn't do against williams

but yes williams outboxed him for the majority of the fight

Comment

Hopkins- Hes shot to pieces he just proved vs. Jones. He had a zombie in front of him and didnt even hurt Roy once. His timing, speed and accuracy was off completely. Hopkins is shot now. Hes an ATG and should hang em up.

Cotto- In his last 4 fights hes 2-2.Got destroyed by Margarito. Beat Jennings who is a bum. Damn near lost to an average Clottey. Then got ass raped by Pacquiao.

Meanwhile.

I would definitely rank Williams over those fighters and I don't think it needs to be explained. In terms of where they are at this point in their boxing careers.
                      Last edited by Calilloyd; 04-19-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X