Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the reason mayweather has high ppv numbers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the reason mayweather has high ppv numbers ?

what do people believe is the main reason pbf has high ppv numbers ? i maintain that its because a large part of the buyers do not like him and pay to see him get beat !!! in fact that a good a##whipping thats the only reason i would buy his fights , although after the ortiz joke i wouldnt pay again for anything he does.

Most skilled fighter of this generation?
    A chance to watch greatness?
    A polarizing figure who knows how to hype fights?

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
      Tbh I think it's because most of his fans are stupid and don't know how to stream, look at some of his fans that post here, they can barely muster up a complete sentence. Then you can filter in his fight dates and his stacked undercards.

I don't think people watch him to lose, if that was so, how many loyal buying actual fans does he have? That'd be pathetic.
      U do realize that u make absolutely no sense rite? If u believe that the reason this guy outsells everyone, including Manny, is because of his fans being dumb then explain how he also the king when it comes to selling gates as well. Floyd sells because ppl wanna see him its that simple.

Comment

He actually sells less gate than Pac, but nice try.

And yes, I believe Floyd's fans are generally less educated and don't know how to find a proper HD stream so they end up grabbing mommas credit card and buying it.
        No he sells more gate than pac. He just sells less tickets. Do some research or shut up. I said gate for a reason. He sells.less tickets but his tickets are more expensive. U know.what that means? The ppl that pay wanna see him and they are willing to pay a higher price.

Comment

His boxing style and skills are very enjoyable to watch. Despite how "boring" some think it is.

Comment

Regardless, every Pacquiao or Mayweather fight you'll see will be sold out, or close to sold out. The thread is about PPV numbers.

I'm simply stating that if people are paying for him to lose, how many actual loyal fans does he have? A lot of his fans are uneducated and can't work a computer let alone find an HD stream, so they buy it.
            And your knowledge of his fanbase is based on what? This site? Dude u are very ignorant. Do yourself a favor and shut up.

Comment

Regardless, every Pacquiao or Mayweather fight you'll see will be sold out, or close to sold out. The thread is about PPV numbers.

I'm simply stating that if people are paying for him to lose, how many actual loyal fans does he have? A lot of his fans are uneducated and can't work a computer let alone find an HD stream, so they buy it.
              Did puga get banned?

Comment

He's the most skilled fighter in the world, that's reason #1.

He plays a character to hype fights that means people either love him or hate him, either way they want to watch his fights to see what happens.

Comment

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I've formulated my opinion by simply observing them post by post. They aren't very smart and are always asking for streams.

Who cares though, your "boy" is doing good PPV numbers because of it.
                  Your opinion is ignorant and insulting to 1 million + ppl. I dunno where u come from but I really hope u get off your high horse. Opinions like that are worth less than trash.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    He's the most skilled fighter in the world, that's reason #1.

He plays a character to hype fights that means people either love him or hate him, either way they want to watch his fights to see what happens.
                    true but i think his mixing with 50 cent, justin bieber, ray J etc also helps because it makes him more than a sportsman. it makes him a celebrity.

when you know that Hollywoods A list is watching/speaking/eating/drinking something then you know its just a matter of time before the common folk also start wanting a piece of that action.

i think floyd has been lucky in that he faced fighters who had huge followings e.g. hatton, DLH, marquez, corrales, cotto etc and these fighters bought huge crowds with them i think once those fans saw just how good the pretty boy was they adopted him as their next favourite fighter.

also floyd is a promoters dream - the gangsta persona, the blow up with his father in the build up to ortiz, annoying hattons fans by wearing a UTD shirt etc.

i don't think people necessarily tune in to see him lose (though some probably do) but they tune in for him the same reason they tune in to see barcelona, or the all blacks or the new york yankees - people want to see greatness.
                    Last edited by hookoutofhell; 09-29-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X