Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Kirkland?how far can he really go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland?how far can he really go?

Was it a bad night??why did he look so slow??what does he need to work on?guy has talent and lots of strength but something is missing

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    Was it a bad night??why did he look so slow??what does he need to work on?guy has talent and lots of strength but something is missing
    I don't know how far he can go, but which ever direction he goes he should stay off of Molina's block. He was gettin his ass beat badly!

Comment

he was fine when molina was holding like a b****

Comment

I think he looked slow because he's been lifting weight and training like a body builder instead of like a fighter. It usually happens when you lift weights, your arms become sluggish. He needs to diss the physique and train like a fighter.

Comment

He can STILL beat Molina in a rematch, Bundrage, Alvarez, Vanes, etc. He isn't beating Lara, Sergio, or Floyd, but he can STILL get in position for a fight like that.

He just had the wrong gameplan going in, and didn't throw Molina off of him and kick his a$$ until the 10th. He was getting beat, but it wasn't 10-0 or anything. I had Molina up 88-83 (7-2) going into the 10th, with Kirkland only winning rounds 5 and 6 at that point. Kirkland pretty muchd ominated the 10th and knocked him down at the end. Thatw oud have made my card 96-93 in favor of Molina, who knows what would of or could have happened??? He very well could have knocked Molina down in 11 and 12, and won a tight decision on the cards if he did knock him down multiple times or he could have scored a TKO. He may have stopped Carlos in that 10th had Molina not held 16 times during that round.

He just needs to do what he did in the 10th if he rematches Molina, go all out and throw punches. Throw him off you once he tries that hold, punch, let go, punch, hold, punch, hold your arm, punch, s**t.

Comment

I think he's a good fighter but I don't think he'll go far in his career.

Comment

I thought he looked slow in his last fight also. It looks like his upper body is to heavy for his legs or something. He looks slow and seems to gas out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                I think he looked slow because he's been lifting weight and training like a body builder instead of like a fighter. It usually happens when you lift weights, your arms become sluggish. He needs to diss the physique and train like a fighter.
                thank you for posting a real boxing related post...appreciate that

Comment

I don't think he can get much beyond where he is currently, he could pick up a belt and defend it a few times against the right opposition but I would expect him to lose to any real top end guys he comes across.

Like I could see him beating Bundrage and then defending the belt but getting beat by Lara or Trout.

Comment

Dude didn't know how to handle Molina's clinching... he just looked lost. Also, I heard weight was a problem... dunno, what I heard

Comment

Working...
                    X