Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Heroin Deaths in USA Than Gun Homicide Deaths

Heroin Deaths Topped Gun Homicides Last Year

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e05aded38bec

Opioid deaths hit 33,091 in 2015, quadrupling since 1999. Heroin deaths in particular rose 23 percent year over year to 12,989; synthetic opioid deaths rose 73 percent to 9,580.

“I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this. Certainly not in modern times,” Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch of the CDC, told the Associated Press.

The new figures are a tragic expression of the United States’ urgent addiction problem. As it stands, more than 20 million Americans have a substance use disorder and 12.5 million report misusing prescriptions painkillers, behaviors linked to the aggressive marketing and overprescription of opioids in the 1980s-90s.

It doesn’t take long for prescription use to evolve into misuse. According to a new Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation survey, a third of Americans who took a prescription opioid for two months or longer became addicted to or physically dependent on painkillers.
    There have also been a huge number of deaths from overdoses of heroin/fentanyl here in Metro Vancouver. Total for BC in 2016 is already over 600, most of them in Metro Vancouver.

Thnx Freedom, this thread is also recent...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=717621

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Thnx Freedom, this thread is also recent...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=717621
      Sorry, I should have bumped that one instead of making a new one.

Never knew overdose deaths exceeded gun homicides in the USA though.

And I was shocked when I read how many people here in Metro Vancouver have died from overdoses this year.

Comment

Many doctors now specialize in pain management. Writing prescriptions is very lucrative. The initial consultation can be very expensive, as well as subsequent followup's. As long as you go by the book, the DEA is powerless, but waiting for pain management doctors to screw up.

Comment

Welcome to obamas america....

Comment

And they had the nerve to Criticize the Philippines of its drug solution ey?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Sorry, I should have bumped that one instead of making a new one.

Never knew overdose deaths exceeded gun homicides in the USA though.

And I was shocked when I read how many people here in Metro Vancouver have died from overdoses this year.
              you have that stupid / girl way about you in that you repeat, in a painfully obnoxious way, what the fuk was just said.

go to another forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                And they had the nerve to Criticize the Philippines of its drug solution ey?
                Murdering them instead is totally the right solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Murdering them instead is totally the right solution.
                  And your solution is...?
                  Rehabilitate and re-instate within the general populace, creating a parity between criminals & non-criminals, I.e. Something communism (by virtue, liberalism) was built upon?

P.S. Coke is far better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Many doctors now specialize in pain management. Writing prescriptions is very lucrative. The initial consultation can be very expensive, as well as subsequent followup's. As long as you go by the book, the DEA is powerless, but waiting for pain management doctors to screw up.
                    That very likely has a great deal to do with why it's happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X