• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    (Just ran into this story.)

Teofilo Stevenson Out of Hospital
    (Associated Press)

HAVANA -- Three-time Olympic heavyweight boxing champion Teofilo Stevenson says reports of his near-death in Cuba are exaggerated after spending two weeks in the hospital.

Stevenson says he was hospitalized Jan. 13 after doctors detected a clot in an artery near his heart. He spent 15 days in intensive care before being released last week.

Stevenson says Wednesday he is recovering well and plans to return soon to his position at the Cuban Boxing Federation.
    good to hear he is recovering. there's been like 4 deaths in boxing that i know of this week. on tuesday, the trainer of marvin hagler passed, goody petronelli. on wednesday, the referee wayne kelly and the legendary angelo dundee pass. then just yesterday i hear about a 21 year old filipino kid who passed after having a blood clot in his fight. sad stuff. good to hear this guy is recovering.
    also, amazing stories shared on this page. hopefully cuba does get better but i have a feeling much won't change, just the name of who's in charge. we'll see what happens though. it'd be nice to see cubans succeeding around the world (like in the mlb or professional boxing like some of you said).

Comment

i was in havana 3 times & "kid chocolate" was always closed. i met a canadian who was training boxers there but never got to go to his gym.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        good to hear he is recovering. there's been like 4 deaths in boxing that i know of this week. on tuesday, the trainer of marvin hagler passed, goody petronelli. on wednesday, the referee wayne kelly and the legendary angelo dundee pass. then just yesterday i hear about a 21 year old filipino kid who passed after having a blood clot in his fight. sad stuff. good to hear this guy is recovering.
        also, amazing stories shared on this page. hopefully cuba does get better just the name of who's in charge. we'll see what happens though. it'd be nice to see cubans succeeding around the world (like in the mlb or professional bbut i have a feeling much won't change,oxing like some of you said).
        It'll never change, like the other Cuban poster said the damage is already done.

Comment

Working...
        X