Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not only has Pacquiao dominated OFFENSIVELY while moving up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green for the OP.
    I'd first liked Pac because he had this balls-out aggressive, exciting style.
    The fact that he's a fellow Filipino didn't hurt, either, LOL.
    (His humility in a sport characterized by trash talk helps, too.)

What really makes me a fan these days is how he has progressed,
    how he takes what his trainer teaches, straight to heart.
    He really WAS a one-trick pony back in the day, and I guess we
    have the great Erik Morales to thank, for lighting a fire in Pac's belly;
    and Freddie Roach to thank for feeding the flame with better technique.

I don't know if Pac can get much better. I mean, age has just about
    crept up on him, and there's not much time left to learn more stuff.

While I'd have liked for him to try unifying vs. Campbell, or to go at it
    with Marquez una vez más, I also think he's put in enough real work
    against top dogs, to deserve a final year that's mainly for moneymaking.

h.

Comment

The thing is Manny P isn't really the smaller man. The reason you say he is more dominate moving up is because he started at 16 at 106 as a pro fighter while Mayweather at 16 was also fighting at 106 but at amateur.

Manny P at 125 come fight night was 137
      Manny P at 130 come fight night was 139
      Manny P at 135 come fight night was 147
      Manny P at 147 at fight night was 148

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
        The thing is Manny P isn't really the smaller man. The reason you say he is more dominate moving up is because he started at 16 at 106 as a pro fighter while Mayweather at 16 was also fighting at 106 but at amateur.

It takes a lot of skill to be brilliant defensively. Skills Manny didnt even have 3 years ago. So for a smaller fighter to move up and not be touched and his NOT being Mayweather or Bhop who are known as defensive GENIUSES, well, thats pretty amazing to me.

Comment

he's got big legs, at 122, he often looked like the smaller man.

He weighed more than Oscar, but he sure as hell looked smaller.

at 130, he was usually the stronger fighter, maybe a bit bigger..but not the point of Margarito or PW. If 2 nonchalant boxing fans saw him fights, they would think he was the same size as his opponents.

Corrales was huge for his weight class, didn't stop him from getting beat up

Comment

He really has. The thing that impressed me most about Pacquiao-De La Hoya is how Pacquiao kept his hands up constantly. Pacquiao had pretty good head movement before, but he seemed to not use it as much recently until De La Hoya again.

Remember when he used to throw his hands up like an idiot when stunned? He doesn't do that anymore except like one every fight, but he used to do it multiple times and it was really ****ing annoying.

His right hand seems to be better and he can jump in and out.

I'd still pick Marquez in a third fight

Comment

Let's not get carried away, and say he looked like Mayweather and B-Hop, but defensively he has looked alot better, which is why I think of all his fights, his last two were his best performances. Slipping punching and then backing away with his guard up, very, very impressive. The way he's been fighting I don't think Marquez could beat him the rubber match. I think Manny Pacquaio is a better fighter than Marquez, especially at this point.

Comment

All time great for sure, I just hope he fights a little longer then the 2 more fights I keep hearing. He's at his absolute best right now, I want to see him MORE!!!

Comment

roy jones!! but that feat is quite rare indeed

Comment

watch this clown hi-jack the thread, dude stop it with your mayweather complex

Comment

Before the Diaz fight Freddie Roach considered Pacman his best work, and Toney the best fighter he ever trained. I wonder if Toney still has that spot now, or it's Pac.

Note how Roach trained Hopkins once at that point, I wonder if he rates Toney above Hopkins or it is just that he worked a lot with Toney. Hopkins did not seem to come to his mind, when asked that question.

If you watch Freddie and Pac training, you see a clear case of mutual love and respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X