No announcement yet.

Deep down I think ward realized beating kovalev is unlikely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    Ward showed a lot of ring-rust, his next which should be in July, he will look much sharper.
    His contract states that he cannot fight after June in preparation for the November fight so he should get one more in late June.

Comment

non drug tested!? I guess Vada was lying then huh?

https://twitter.com/Vada_Testing/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/Vada_Testing/sta...69595126996992

Comment

Kovalev would kill Ward if he could hit him, which he cant. Andre is at a different level. Ward wins an easy decision.

Comment

Kovalev ain't beating Ward.

Kovalev fights at a measured, moderate pace, he's doesn't apply pressure which means Ward will have time to think and pick his shots. Kova can't outwork or outbox Ward, his only chance of a win is by KO and that's very unlikely, Ward's defence is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
            His contract states that he cannot fight after June in preparation for the November fight so he should get one more in late June.
            I don't think Ward will be physically ready to fight in June, that's the problem. He's gonna have to somehow get past the June date. What happens if Ward "violates" the contract? Is Duva going to sue? Does Ward have to pay a fee?

I heard it was a three fight-contract and the canceled fight last November does not count. So he's only fought once.

Comment

Nonsense, Ward looked superb even with a bit of ring rust. Is it enough to defeat Kovalev? We shall see, but both guys deserve a lot of credit for this fight, let's not undermine a potential victory for either guy. The winner by far establishes himself as P4P #1, this a special match.

Comment

... I challenged Ward's fans to bet that he's fighting Kovalev in 2016... I maintain that Ward will not fight the krusher this year if ever...

From The Ring article after the fight last night:
                ... Ward was asked immediately after the fight whether he might face Kovalev next. He made it clear that he expects to fight the Russian, saying “it’s not a matter of if, but when.” The key question: Is he anywhere near ready?

... So, Ward just started his expected game: 'I'll fight him, I'll fight him, but I don't know when... Maybe sometime down the line..."

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... I challenged Ward's fans to bet that he's fighting Kovalev in 2016... I maintain that Ward will not fight the krusher this year if ever...

From The Ring article after the fight last night:
                  ... Ward was asked immediately after the fight whether he might face Kovalev next. He made it clear that he expects to fight the Russian, saying “it’s not a matter of if, but when.” The key question: Is he anywhere near ready?

... So, Ward just started his expected game: 'I'll fight him, I'll fight him, but I don't know when... Maybe sometime down the line..."
                  What's his incentive for delaying the fight any longer than need be? Ward moved up for a reason. He wants a big pay-day. And he's the last guy that should be accused of avoiding big names. His resume speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                    What's his incentive for delaying the fight any longer than need be? Ward moved up for a reason. He wants a big pay-day. ...
                    Si you are ready to take a bet that Ward isn't fighting Kovalev in 2016? I say he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Si you are ready to take a bet that Ward isn't fighting Kovalev in 2016? I say he doesn't.
                      I will bet you accounts that Ward fights Kovalev this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X