No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder rejects 2 million dollar offer to fight Bermane Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.
    This is getting out of hand, what do all fighters expect to make 30 million per fight now?

Comment

The 2 million was to also to sign with Roc Nation. Under a haymon contract, Wilder has no say over what promoter he can sign with. Haymon decides everything, and he obviously has a beef with Jay-Z.

Comment

This article explains things much better - http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...tiverne-wilder

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          The 2 million was to also to sign with Roc Nation. Under a haymon contract, Wilder has no say over what promoter he can sign with. Haymon decides everything, and he obviously has a beef with Jay-Z.
          That really wasn't gonna happen

Comment

I understand Haymon is allegedly being investigated by the FBI. I hope this is true, and they bust him. How is it that an "advisor" has such control over fighters' careers? Clearly, he is operating in the capacity of a promoter under the guise of an advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              Al Haymon is making his clients look like cowards.

http://www.boxingnewsflash.com/news/...ight-stiverne/
              If Wilder is trying to get Stiverne to pay him $10 million so that he will step aside and they can both fight someone else, I smell a rat & his name is Al Haymon. Wilder is an untested, overrated fighter who will likely be exposed if and when he finally faces a credible opponent. I think Haymon knows this, and wants to leap-frog Wilder into a big-money fight with Klitschko. Win or lose, Haymon gets paid and Wilder gets his biggest chunk of change to date. Wilder hopes his power will stop the suspect-chinned Klitschko. However, Vladmir is a seasoned champion whom Emmanuel Steward has trained to protect his chin. Wilder hasn't been hit hard since the Olympics (where he was rocked), and likely doesn't know how to respond to it in the pros. His upper body is strong, but his legs are under-developed and won't support him if he gets rocked. A clean, hard shot by either Klitschko or Stiverne ends Wilder and his run, so whatever fight deal he takes better be a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                How is it that an "advisor" has such control over fighters' careers? Clearly, he is operating in the capacity of a promoter under the guise of an advisor.
                And he is acting as a manager. When all his fighters say 'I fight whoever Al tells me to fight', that to me says he is acting as a manager as well.

Comment

No surprise there. Saw him interviewed on FNF sometime ago looking all confident expressing interest in Stiverne. Turned out that he's a chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                    This is old. Supposedly the fight is close to being signed. Who cares how much wilder gave up.
                    Yet youll be all over mayweathers dyck about how much he made. Okay buddy whatever you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      If Roc Nation was gonna bid 2 mil for the fight that doesn't mean Wilder would get that 2 mil. As the challenger he doesn't even get 50-50 if it's a purse bid
                      Actually fat Dan reported it too. Roc wanted to sign wilder and offered him 2mil for this fight and wanted to work out a deal with king for stivernes purse

Comment

Working...
                      X