My Chinese, Japanese and Korean Variety Radio Station

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Chinese, Japanese and Korean Variety Radio Station

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone is interested but thought I may as well. I know most people here aren't Chinese, Korean or Japanese but some of you may have heard your fair share of Chinese, Korean or Japanese music anyway.

Recently, and out of boredom, I created an online radio station focusing on Chinese music (whether old or modern). It was never intended to be public and was just a way to rekindle my memories of doing it when I was younger (to an unrelated online Community) but seeing as I have it, I may as well share it with everyone.

Essentially, it's an online radio station streamed directly from my laptop so whenever and whatever I listen to, you will be able to as well! The link to the stream appears below and music should start playing almost immediately. It is recommended that you have a reliable connection speed when listening.

Usual Broadcast times
    Monday-Friday from 8-9pm is probably the time I listen to music most, especially after work where I want to chill out. If the broadcast is offline, it's most likely because I'm elsewhere. I'm located in London currently so the broadcast times are as follows for elsewhere:

Philippines -3am in the morning (if you're awake)
    USA - 3pm EDT

And generally, mostly mornings on Saturday and Sundays.

Genres
    I am an avid music fan and those who know me well will know I'm always up-to-date with the latest artists and albums. 85% of the music I listen to will be Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese but mostly the former). 10% of my catalogue consists of Korean music and the remaining 5% is Japanese. The genres are mostly fan friendly ranging from standard Pop, RnB, hiphop, Rock, Rap, Electronic and Dance. I have no mic so there is no talking, just a stream of music.

I can take a request if you want - most likely, if it's Chinese I will have it - I have a large array of Chinese music. If you want a particularly genre to be played, you can also ask me.

Song names, Artists and Albums
    The stream server and host is unfortunately based on a free account that I set up rather hastily so don't expect the stream to be professionally set up. In other words, song names, artists and albums won't be able to recognize foreign characters. If you do want to know most information about a particular song that you can't find the information to online, ask me directly and I may be able to help you out.

Link: http://www.myradiostream.com/eric

Troubleshoot
    1. If you get a message saying, "a message from our sponsors" or something like that, just refresh the page.
    2. Firefox may have blocked a specific plugin so you can allow it for the time being if you can't hear anything.

I've also posted this in the Pinoy section of the message boards but I figured that this thread might actually be better placed here.

I'm online now. I took the week off work due to examinations and revision that I have this week. I'll be on all day most likely revising. Have fun.
    Last edited by MeiXiang; 07-07-2014, 04:28 AM.
Working...
X