No announcement yet.

New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced

New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced, because according to the new rules you dont actually!! have to connect with shots (Hopkins v Calzaghe, Froch v Dirrell) to earn a victory you just have to show willing and force the fight so moronic fans that no jack **** about scoring fights can say" yeah but look, he forced the fight"

The people that scored this fight for Froch are straight up morons.

I had Dirrell over Froch but Calzaghe beat Soapy fair and square. He had that prison tough rolling on the canvas, faking low blows to buy time because he was getting his head caved in.

Comment

yeah but look he forced the fight!!!!!!!

Comment

Immagine if the rules of the tourney was to knock out your opponent instead of win by decision to prevent this bs.

Comment

I think a lot of people score pro fights like they would do an amateur fight. They don't understand the difference that pitty pat punches even though it is landing is not necessary being EFFECTIVE. In a pro fight you have to land CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHES. Not pitty pat punches.

Comment

Some stupid comments I have heard today: "He ran all night, Froch put all the pressure on (albeit overlooking Froch eating left crosses all night)" "Hecontrolled the pace (overlooking getting outlanded by a wide margin in every round)" "Dirrell fought dirty (overlooking Froch power bombing and elbowing)"

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              New scoring criteria in Boxing should be introduced, because according to the new rules you dont actually!! have to connect with shots (Hopkins v Calzaghe, Froch v Dirrell) to earn a victory you just have to show willing and force the fight so moronic fans that no jack **** about scoring fights can say" yeah but look, he forced the fight"

Why didn't you just aim that directly at me since this is a response to my post? Did i blast you when i disagreed on you picking Trinidad to beat a peak Hearns? All of a sudden, I'm moronic because i favor agression over ineffective boxing.......ok.

Comment

What they need to do is score fights where, if you are an american you win and if not you lose!

Comment

The idiots that think Dirrell can beat a champion by holding and running are the real morons here.

But I agree a new criteria in scoring is needed and that's willingness to fight. This is professional boxing and like it or not fights should be entertaining. If you come to a fight pity pat punch someone twice and hold them for two minutes then you should be penalized for that. Boxing is not only a sport it's a business and fighters like Dirrell are bad for business.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                    The idiots that think Dirrell can beat a champion by holding and running are the real morons here.
                    But I agree a new criteria in scoring is needed and that's willingness to fight. This is professional boxing and like it or not fights should be entertaining. If you come to a fight pity pat punch someone twice and hold them for two minutes then you should be penalized for that. Boxing is not only a sport it's a business and fighters like Dirrell are bad for business.

My point exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X