Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope this song is on The Blueprint 3...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this song is on The Blueprint 3...

this came out late last year I think...

this is probably the first or second best Jay-Z song since American Gangster. I think this is better than D.O.A.(although I love D.O.A. and ranked it second best since A.G.) Just listen to Jay's flow, emotion, thoughtful lyrics. It might not be lyrical, but its thoughtful, and this is definitley Jay-Z on his game.

Last edited by Truth; 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM.

Listen to how jay paints pictures and how his flow is so strong, you can feel what hes saying....in that first verse ecspecially.

"...like missing your shot, and falling to your knees, as the crowd screams for the other team. i practiced so hard for this moment, victory don't leave..."-jay

Comment

"...success is like lust, shes good to the touch, shes good for the moment...But shes never enough. everybodys had her, shes nothing like V, but success is all i got unfortunatley..."-Jay-Z

Jay-Z gets victory at the end of the song, he has the a child with V(victory) which is History.

This song is ****ing sick...

Comment

I remember that track...I doubt they put it on there since its been out there for a while now tho...

Comment

Damn, nice one Truth..! I really liked that one. 5/5

Comment

Lol, I got that song on repeat now..
            Last edited by -Blackout-; 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
              Lol, I got that song on repeat now..
              I love it too. This is better than some songs on American Gangster, its one of the better songs hes dropped since the classic(IMO) Black Album. Jay was really on point on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                I love it too. This is better than some songs on American Gangster, its one of the better songs hes dropped since the classic(IMO) Black Album. Jay was really on point on this one...
                Exactly. And it got a message, some realness to it.. I'm a sucker for rap with a deepness to it. Like -Never Let You Down or -Blown Away.. Like I said 5/5. If that's gonna be the standard on Blueprant 3 I'm Definitely gonna get it..

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
                  Exactly. And it got a message, some realness to it.. I'm a sucker for rap with a deepness to it. Like -Never Let You Down or -Blown Away.. Like I said 5/5. If that's gonna be the standard on Blueprant 3 I'm Definitely gonna get it..
                  Me too, I love deep music. And I think this song sheds some light on why Jay-Z is still rapping? I think hes addicted to history he makes every time he comes out with a new record more so than the money.....I think people think Jay-Z is in love with money, and maybe at one point he was. But I think now its more about trying to make the best music he can at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                    Me too, I love deep music. And I think this song sheds some light on why Jay-Z is still rapping? I think hes addicted to history he makes every time he comes out with a new record more so than the money.....I think people think Jay-Z is in love with money, and maybe at one point he was. But I think now its more about trying to make the best music he can at his age.
                    Yeah, He gotta be thinking about his Legacy this late in his career.. Also, he've been doing it his whole life.. You don't just quit something like that.. That's like saying to Mick Jagger he can't sing no more.. You just don't quit something that's a part of you. His music might or might not be up to the standard of Reasonable doubt.. But with tracks like that, he definitely show it's not all about the money..

Comment

Working...
                    X