No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez, let's be real.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscape View Post
    Sorry, post too long, therefore not read. Summarise or don't bother posting. Thanks. Brb please.
    That's a great first post by your alt.

"Summarise", you are obviously from the UK.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I really wonder who's alt this is. Dur dur dur, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Sorry, post too long, therefore not read. Summarise or don't bother posting. Thanks. Brb please.
      He made a lot of solid points, talking up Canelos resume. Says he's already HOF, might even be right. Only thing is, Ts is right, he's just not tht good. Rather, very good but not near great, on ability. All his good wins are underwhelming with sketchy judging, he got embarrassed by Floyd, and he's a no hoper vs the top guy in his division and he knows it

Comment

Didn't take long for this chump to get banned lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Didn't take long for this chump to get banned lol
          Wow

I knew who it was too, it was so obvious. Looks like admins caught it. I didn't even say anything. The guy's M.O. is too obvious

Comment

Because fighters go the distance with him, doesn't mean anything. He's not a pressure fighter and he doesn't head hunt and look for the KO. He picks his shots carefully and calculated. If you survive then kudos, sometimes when he connects you go bye bye.

He was carrying Cotto late in the fight, they were trading in the 11th and 12th and Cotto was getting pasted.

Not too many fighters like to stand in front of Canelo because he usually puts a beating on you in the trenches. Props to Floyd for being crafty enough to stay out of harms way, the others were not so lucky. Trout lost his jaw, Kirkland nearly got killed, Lara got his eye split open, Angulo was brutalized. All the while, Canelo was always fighting a measured pace.

Comment

Since this thread has turned into a Canelo trashing thread I am going to disagree with most of you who posted what a poor fighter he is. I think he is a damn good fighter and close wins over Cotto, Lara and Trout are damn good wins. His only loss was as a kid fighting at too light of weight against Floyd Mayweather who just happened to be the best fighter in the world at that time. Mayweather, the guy who actually fought Canelo has always said Canelo is an excellent fighter and a real champion. We all know Wilder is your favorite fighter. Can you name 3 fighters Wilder has defeated who are as good as Trout, Cotto and Lara are? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                A few things are being unfairly ignored.

"Jose Cotto doe, Matthew Hatton doe, Lovemore Ndou doe..."

Canelo had poor amateur experience, with something like 20 fights, typical for a Mexican boxer from Mexico. In these fights people bring up, Canelo was merely 19 and 21 years old.

Miguel Vazquez(future LW champion), Cuello, Baldo, Matthew, Ndou, Cintron, Rhodes(#4 Ring 154), Mosley, Lopez were all part of the learning process for a young 19-23 year old Canelo. Like amateur experience without the 4 rounds and headgear, and points scoring system, and similarly experienced fighters. So, yeah, pretty tough to learn that way against such durable veterans.

His first real pro fight other than Ryan Rhodes and a green Miguel Vazquez was Austin Trout.

Canelo had been want to step up, so I don't know where the well manged comment comes from when GBP tried to secure Victor Ortiz, Paul Williams(pretty much signed), and James Kirkland (wanted more money) in 2012.

Canelo vs Williams was official, it signed and sealed, the date had been chosen, fighters agreed, venue was chosen.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-bout

Canelo at 26 years old has already fought fighters who were world amateur champions and boxing boogiemen, favored to win Olympic gold medals (Lara), 100s of amateur experience between them. What ever your opinion was about those fights, he still fought them and I thought he won. And sorry but Floyd did not beat the **** out of him.

Canelo is a great fighter and he is already a future Hall of Famer.
                eh?

GGG is a "boxing boogieman"

Lucas Matthyse was one

Margarito was one pre-mosley

who's he fought with that kind of rep

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Because fighters go the distance with him, doesn't mean anything. He's not a pressure fighter and he doesn't head hunt and look for the KO. He picks his shots carefully and calculated. If you survive then kudos, sometimes when he connects you go bye bye.

He was carrying Cotto late in the fight, they were trading in the 11th and 12th and Cotto was getting pasted.

Not too many fighters like to stand in front of Canelo because he usually puts a beating on you in the trenches. Props to Floyd for being crafty enough to stay out of harms way, the others were not so lucky. Trout lost his jaw, Kirkland nearly got killed, Lara got his eye split open, Angulo was brutalized. All the while, Canelo was always fighting a measured pace.
                  yeah he's a real killer

let's see him stand and trade with GGG and get his head deposited in press row

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    eh?

GGG is a "boxing boogieman"

Lucas Matthyse was one

Margarito was one pre-mosley

who's he fought with that kind of rep
                    Lara who's STILL the boogieman and the best fighter at 154 (since Canelo is a 155lber now)

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      Lara who's STILL the boogieman and the best fighter at 154 (since Canelo is a 155lber now)
                      yeah he lost that fight though, and he ain't no boogeyman nobody scared of his ass

Comment

Working...
                      X