Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I'm Not a Middleweight, But Want To Fight Khan For a Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he ******ed? This is a serious question, no fun.

Comment

• Something I said he should do is drop the Middleweight Belt and fight for the 154 Strap which has somehow disappeared since Mayweather Retired. Having heard anything about that 154 WBC Belt

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Something I said he should do is drop the Middleweight Belt and fight for the 154 Strap which has somehow disappeared since Mayweather Retired. Having heard anything about that 154 WBC Belt
        The last time Canelo was set to fight at 154 he couldn't make weight and had to pay Angulo $100k to fight at 155 lol

It's obvious what's going on. If Golovkin didn't exist at 160 there would be no problem whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Golovkin is no different than any other boxer then.

Whatever, he has the right to fight for the WBC MW title at the MW limit, which is 160lbs.

If he doesn't want to give up that right and fight at a catchweight, that's his decision to make, and he's made it, so Canelo must either fight him at 160 or vacate the title.
          You're absolutely correct. That said, I completely disagree with his decision. The majority of people don't care about titles. At least not to the extent where they its a determining factor on whether they choose to watch a fight or not. Or root for a guy or not. Especially when you're talking about casual fans. If GGG wants to become a crossover star, names on his resume is what's gomma do it. Not belts around his waist. Its been proven. Floyd, Manny, nor Oscar ever held all the belta in a given division simultaneously. And no one gave a ****. Hell, there was no ABC title on the line for several of Manny's biggest fights. Its just not that important. And if GGG thinx holding all the belts is a better career move than beating Canelo in a highly publicized event. He's being given some very bad career advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            The last time Canelo was set to fight at 154 he couldn't make weight and had to pay Angulo $100k to fight at 155 lol

It's obvious what's going on. If Golovkin didn't exist at 160 there would be no problem whatsoever.

Very True! Just a way of admitting that he doesn't want to fight GGG right Now I Agree

Comment

• Super F@ggotweight

Comment

• I'm still stunned at these statements. This has to be GBP's doing, it does not sound like Canelo at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                  I'm still stunned at these statements. This has to be GBP's doing, it does not sound like Canelo at all.
                  Canelo is a diva I thought people new this. I mean, the guy literally invented his own weight class just for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    Lol Oscar saying Nelo is not a MW but his magazine is ranking him number of that division...

I can't stand this guys anymore.

I thank Manny every day for giving him that beating lol.
                    Thanks for reminding me again that it is now owned by GBP.. & I think that answers my doubt.. so I guess WBC will have their reasons too when they backout when it comes to strip Canelo..

Comment

• Canelo, we've had enough of this embarrassment. This **** needs to get aired on major tv networks to shame him into either fighting his mando or dropping the damn belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X