Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez is 39 years old. Pacquiao needs to just go to war with him.

This is what Katsidis did, and Marquez was on his ass. Now, Katsidis did end up getting knocked out, but he's smaller, doesn't hit so hard, and has next-to-no defensive movement.

Pacquiao just needs to make this a high pressure fight, no more letting Marquez work at 35 shots a round - if Pacquiao can make Marquez work at 50+ shots a round, he'll be spent by the later rounds. He felt the pace in the 3rd fight, is carrying more muscle, and will simply wilt under a combination of the power, pace, and pressure Pacquiao can put on him. Something like what Pacquiao did to Bradley rounds 2-6.

If you are in a fighters face, not letting up, and you also use a bit of defense to make them miss, you can really force a fighter to work way harder than he's used to. Rios Alvarado - Rios was forcing Alvarado to work at 100+ shots a round, because Rios was working pretty well defensively (occasional lapses aside) and Alvarado was forced to work at that rate to be competitive.

Pacquiao _can_ do this to Marquez, because Marquez is not the hardest guy to hit if you are close to him. However, this needs the desire and will of a younger Pacquiao and politician Pacquiao simply might not fancy it.

Comment

it's hard to adjust after 36 rounds. he's got to hit marquez on the mouth and finish him. he's proven that he can hurt him, but he's got to finish him off.

the rounds are hard for him to win. maybe even impossible now. he shouldn't box a single minute of a single round. he should go out there looking for a knockout. winning the rounds (on a reasonable card,) might be impossible.

pacquiao is getting old. but marquez is getting old, too. it's possible that marquez is going to get put on his butt again, and that he won't be able to get up the way he once could.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        it's hard to adjust after 36 rounds. he's got to hit marquez on the mouth and finish him. he's proven that he can hurt him, but he's got to finish him off.

the rounds are hard for him to win. maybe even impossible now. he shouldn't box a single minute of a single round. he should go out there looking for a knockout. winning the rounds (on a reasonable card,) might be impossible.

pacquiao is getting old. but marquez is getting old, too. it's possible that marquez is going to get put on his butt again, and that he won't be able to get up the way he once could.

i doubt it...that m0therfocker is like Jason

Comment

what could work, but will never happen, is for Pac to sit back and NEVER take the lead, let JMM come to him, play the counter puncher. Make JMM uncomfortable, force him into a type of fight that isn't his style.

lol JMM's face would be priceless after 2 rounds of Pac never taking the lead a single time. A punch might not be thrown the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

No way in hell does Marquez get stopped, I would bet anything on that. People may think I'm crazy, but if anybody is getting stopped it's Manny. With each fight Marquez has adapted and adjusted more and more to everything Manny does in the ring, he knows him completely at this point. Look at the third fight, who cares what the "official" decision was, Marquez won that pretty comfortably (9-3, 8-4). I honestly think this 4th fight is only going to get worst for Manny, which has me puzzled why he's even taking this 4th encounter in the first place.

Comment

Parry and feint more also he needs to stop head hunting marquez he needs to attack the body with straight lefts and slip under the left hook on the way out. That slow the even older now then last time Marquez down some.

Or if he pulls off another hatton he's good.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                what could work, but will never happen, is for Pac to sit back and NEVER take the lead, let JMM come to him, play the counter puncher. Make JMM uncomfortable, force him into a type of fight that isn't his style.

lol JMM's face would be priceless after 2 rounds of Pac never taking the lead a single time. A punch might not be thrown the entire time.
                That won't work cause eventually Marquez will lead to draw the counter And work from there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I think the holding thing is a logical and easy adaptation, plus since Manny like never does that it would really surprise JMM. Plus that would be an easy switch fight your fight until you get in close then grab after you are done, people will probably be pissed if Manny fights like that but I think that will win him the fight.

To me your plan would have Manny thinking to much and Manny is not a thinking man fighter, he is a guy who has to just do his thing. If he ends up in a thinking fight he loses to JMM. I certainly think Manny could do that stuff though but it would take a lot of time for that to become second nature, so if he can't just do that stuff without thinking about it to me it would hurt Manny more than help him against JMM.

I do think Manny will do a better job this time, even if he just does his thing.
                  Imo, not only is tying up not manny's thing (and jmm). Style wise and their fighting styles, i just don't see it happening. In fact, I think neither one of them will try to hold even if they are hurt. Lol

To the untrained eyes, Pac may look like just wild fighter, and doesn't think too much when he fights, but i think he is very technical.

And Any boxer should be able to tell that what i suggested are very basic fundamentals of boxing does not require alot of thinking, or changing his style.

Maybe its not boxing 101, but still, its simple enough, and it does not require changing your natural style of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
                    Imo, not only is tying up not manny's thing (and jmm). Style wise and their fighting styles, i just don't see it happening. In fact, I think neither one of them will try to hold even if they are hurt. Lol

To the untrained eyes, Pac may look like just wild fighter, and doesn't think too much when he fights, but i think he is very technical.

And Any boxer should be able to tell that what i suggested are very basic fundamentals of boxing does not require alot of thinking, or changing his style.

Maybe its not boxing 101, but still, its simple enough, and it does not require changing your natural style of fighting.
                    I wouldn't say Manny is a wild fighter, but I do think he has a very simple approach which is not really a bad thing there is something to be said for keeping things simple in a fight. It becomes a problem fighting a guy for a 4th time but it is what it is.

What you said is boxing 101, but if he is not already doing that stuff it is not natural for him so he will have to think which to me is not Manny's strength and would hurt him against a guy like JMM (against a different guy it wouldn't matter as much). To me Manny is an instinct guy, he has skills but he is at his best when he uses those skills on an instinctual level if he can't get that stuff on an instinct level before the fight better for him to just do his thing IMO.

As for the holding part, to me that is exactly why he should use that trick but you are right he probably won't do that, still that is a winning plan for me.

Comment

He needs to assault JMM from the get go and force his old ass to fight at a fast pace non stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X