No announcement yet.

The Brock Lesnar effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
    See I don't see it that way, Stipe>Carwin, sure he had more power but he was old when he debuted even, had like NO cardio and had injuries before coming in to UFC which only got worse. Carwin gassed and folded against Brock.
    I would say you are basing everything on age....its a mistake . im guessing you are early 20's? You'll know what im talking about very soon,and sooner than you think. I know how to gauge a performance......unfortunately Brock has WWE ties...otherwise I would really go off and have a better measuring stick where this guy wants to be.

Comment

He gassed out after one round against Mark Hunt lol... calm down. He has no chance in hell against Stipe, Cain, Reem, JDS, Werdum etc.

Comment

Win or lose, Lesnar's value to UFC has been on full display during fight week, calling into question how it will affect his WWE status.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          I would say you are basing everything on age....its a mistake . im guessing you are early 20's? You'll know what im talking about very soon,and sooner than you think. I know how to gauge a performance......unfortunately Brock has WWE ties...otherwise I would really go off and have a better measuring stick where this guy wants to be.
          Stipe is 33, I'm not saying he's a spry young pup. Brock is almost 40, coming off of 5 years of. Carwin had HUGE power, and could stop the TD but he had like literally no other skills and gassed out.

Stipe is well rounded, Brock is afraid to throw or receive a punch standing up.

Comment

I think we're gonna see Brock come back and do fights here and there.

I doubt he'll get a title shot or anything that would require commitment as he is still under contract with WWE.

I could see him facing big names that aren't really top contenders. Maybe guys like Barnett, Bigfoot Silva, or Nelson. All winnable fights for Lesnar.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
              Stipe is 33, I'm not saying he's a spry young pup. Brock is almost 40, coming off of 5 years of. Carwin had HUGE power, and could stop the TD but he had like literally no other skills and gassed out.

Stipe is well rounded, Brock is afraid to throw or receive a punch standing up.
              you contradicted your entire post...the key was stopping Lesnars take downs to set up punches. Stipe is a sitting duck simply he didn't hit as hard as Carwin and doesn't have effective combat grappling like Carwin had. If you think Carwin wasn't a good wrestler you would also be very mistaken as well. to put it blunt....Stipe is not physically as strong as Carwin,hes faster but one would need to stop lesnars forward motion to beat him.

Comment

you contradicted your entire post...the key was stopping Lesnars take downs to set up punches. Stipe is a sitting duck simply he didn't hit as hard as Carwin and doesn't have effective combat grappling like Carwin had. If you think Carwin wasn't a good wrestler you would also be very mistaken as well. to put it blunt....Stipe is not physically as strong as Carwin,hes faster but one would need to stop lesnars forward motion to beat him.
                I didn't contradict anything I'm saying.. Carwin was a good defensive wrestler, but he wasn't gonna be able to do it all the time anyways because as I've said a few times before, his tank was awful. Awful... Awful.

It'll never happen though, Brock ain't fighting for the belt unless he just up and quits WWE, which he still has a year and half left to finish, and UFC won't give him a chance for the belt if he can only do a fight a year.

Stipe wouldn't get wrestled down as easily as Hunt, and I think would open him up more to punch, and if you're doubting Stipe can knock Lesnar out you're just delusional.

Stipe has much better stamina, punches (though not as much power) and MUCH better footwork then Carwin. You're making Shane Carwin out to be some p4p fighter in those few years, he wasn't. He was big, and had big hands and good TDD. Stipe beats Carwin in his prime, if we're going with Stipe now.

Comment

I'd like to see Lesnar-Werdum, as long as they actually went to the ground.

Comment

ufc is so boring now... all these so called black belt bjj and wrestler is killing the sports. ufc should make a new rule that if it goes to the ground and after 1 minute if nothing is happening then the ref needs to stand them back up. ufc 200 on paper was suppose to be one of the best cards but the actual event sucks ass!! brock vs hunt = boring, dc vs spider = boring, aldo vs frankie = boring. on paper these match up was suppose to be a killer showdown!!

Comment

Lesnar was coming off surgery,he obviously was not the same guy as last night. Brock would have plan D next time. total different state of mind and has been working jui jitsu since. We don't know what will happen until they fight which they will if Lesnar persues a belt,believe me when I tell you this No one is beating him other than Cain. you are also comparing JJ to a physical monster like lesnar who has equal grappling to Cain where Cormier has the much superior wrestling to JJ.....Lesnars strength is the difference here so its moot points comparing anyone to him. If Cain should win its because hes able to chip shot Brock on the feet.
                      I think Cain beats any version of Brock, and I think Werdum, Miocic, Overeem JDS, (depending on if he's not a shell of his former self), Rothwell, Arlovski (I could also see Brock winning this, but just pointing out that I think AA could and should win), Barnett, and Nelson could and should all beat Brock.

I see all of them beating Brock, because to me, Brock's not a poised and measured fighter. He's either exploding, or just waiting on the outside. I think they all can handle Brock's wrestling, which isn't really elite even with his size, and should all pick him apart, once Brock blows his load, after failed attempt after failed attempt. Now of course, other than Cain, Werdum, Reem, and JDS, I can also see him beating them all. Also, Nelson is a guy that I don't think Brock can beat, because he has really good TDD as seen in the DC fight, and he'll crack Brock, good.

Comment

Working...
                      X