Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would you react if Golovkin signed with Al Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at how well it's working for J-Rock when it comes to getting the other Haymon fighters to step up.

Comment

Would that be the kiss of death for the Canelo fight? In that case it's a no for me. I'd rather see Canelo as opposed to Jacob.
      I don't think a Lara fight is a real talk also regardless.

I know he would get more/maybe lose some fans, if he moved to Haymon..as NBS is weird and promoters ect have groupies.
      People who have been hating on his level of opposition would change their stance, then be ok with whoever he was fighting as long as he was 'getting paid'. And vice versa.

Comment

If you think Golovkin's opposition is bad now, if he signed with Haymon, it would be 500x worse.

Comment

K2/hbo options

canelo
          Johnson
          Heiland
          Saunders
          Ramirez

Haymon/pbc options

Charlo brothers
          Lara
          Jacobs
          Jackson
          Degale
          Jack
          Chavez jr

The better fights are at pbc for anybody 154-168.

Comment

Both Derevyanchenko and Khytrov might be Golovkin's best opponents at 160 in another year and both are with Haymon, so is Antoine Douglass but he might be too young to ever fight GGG. The PBC is still fully funded for another year or two, then lets see where their at, come 2017 PBC fighters might be looking to HBO for some fights anyways.

It's funny, in early 2010, Richard Schaeffer tried to sign Golovkin (so did TR) but Universum threatened to sue them. Then later Golovkin broke his contract and soon after is when GB purchased Universum. So twice Golovkin nearly ended up with GB, which probably would've set him up with Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Take a look at how well it's working for J-Rock when it comes to getting the other Haymon fighters to step up.
              How do you step up to a rookie? Only in boxing do you read stuff like this. To step up, someone has to be proven. Ironically everyone always has to step up to unproven fighters in boxing. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                I wouldn't really have a reaction. What promoter a fighter fights under has no bearing on who I root for as a fighter, and whether GGG or anyone else is with PBC, it doesn't matter, I will root for PBC to succeed reagrdless, because PBC success = boxing success, and as a true fan and student of the sport, I want what's best for the sport, and can't be bothered with childish agendas.
                Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Not sure how and why this guy became the talk of boxingscene, as long as GGG gets better fights.
                  probably because people like you who claim to either not like him or claim to be indifferent cant stop yourselves from posting in every thread about him that exists.....

Comment

I would say Good For Him! He is about to make a lot of money

Who a fighter has as his Manager or Adviser doesn't make me any more or any less of a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
                      I wonder how?
                      Id be concerned that he is happy fighting bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X