Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido vs. Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate that these are boxing each other, because of fan of both. But damn I can't pick one to win..

Evenly matched.

Comment

Salido allows Garcia to gain confidence in the early rounds then puts his head in his chest and walks Garcia down to TKO him late

Comment

I think i'll go with Salido,

SIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I think it's very evenly matched. Salido's persistence and ruggedness is gonna be a nice contrast to Garcia's patient and sharp-shooting style. I can see either guy winning, just as easily as the other. Garcia is still unproven, but he has good fundamentals. His defense could be better, and Salido is experienced enough to take advantage. Garcia's younger legs could also make a big difference.
          Solid post, as usual.

I think the battle-hardened warrior that is Salido will impose his will on the young Mikey, but a Garcia victory wouldn't surprise me in the least. This is gonna be good.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Solid post, as usual.

I think the battle-hardened warrior that is Salido will impose his will on the young Mikey, but a Garcia victory wouldn't surprise me in the least. This is gonna be good.
            This is Garcia's first exam, and it's a tough one. Although Garcia has the style advantage, Salido comes for the throat and is not the type of fighter that gets discouraged. I think Garcia is gonna need to increase his work-rate and he has to aim for the body more often. Garcia seems to neglect the body, and that's a no-no against a guy who has a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              This is Garcia's first exam, and it's a tough one. Although Garcia has the style advantage, Salido comes for the throat and is not the type of fighter that gets discouraged. I think Garcia is gonna need to increase his work-rate and he has to aim for the body more often. Garcia seems to neglect the body, and that's a no-no against a guy who has a good chin.
              Funny. I was going to say Garcia's a headhunter before I reached the last sentance. lol

I think Mikey is very good. I'm not completely sold on him yet, but a victory over Salido would do the trick for me. As I've said before, this is going to be a battle of "skill versus will".

Comment

I'm gonna make a brash call and say Salido by KO/TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Funny. I was going to say Garcia's a headhunter before I reached the last sentance. lol

I think Mikey is very good. I'm not completely sold on him yet, but a victory over Salido would do the trick for me. As I've said before, this is going to be a battle of "skill versus will".
                  It has the ingredients to be a potential FOTY. A young unproven sharpshooter with power and solid fundamentals against a tough veteran who's fought all types of styles. Garcia's will is going to get tested. He gives me that same feeling that Canelo does, they have that aura of maturity for such young fighters. Salido is looking to come in there, break his will and drown him. This one could get ugly! Garcia doesn't want to end up like Juanma did, so he better come with his A+ game.

Comment

Salido late stoppage or decision

Comment

Depends how much further into decline Salido is after yet another blood and guts war he was just in.

Salido's been visibly declining for a while now.

Depending how much he has left, I think Salido can win the fight.

I think he'll test him no matter what and it'll be a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X