Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sactown Results: Jorge Linares Decisions Velazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good too see Jorge get the win but another cut is worrying.Shame about Kamegai though very good offensive fighter but if he does get too the next level that hands down style will cost him

Comment

Linares still does that look away ****. Anyhow, the guy has ability but he wont be a champion anymore. He doesnt have enough punching power and he doesnt box smart enough in the end. He puts himself in the corner and gets his body blasted. And he stands toe to toe when he's faster yet weaker than the other guy.

If he would box, use his jab, and stay off of the ropes he would be a champion. But he's still doing the same **** that cost him the victory vs Demarco. I dont like Demarco. Linares gave his belt up basically. Then showed why the next fight after that. He doesnt box smart for a full fight. Only in glimpses.

Kamagei or whatever the hell his name is was impressive. But he HAS to get rid of that guard. Open for overhand rights and some nasty uppercuts. But I think he actually won the fight. He didnt get knocked down and Im sure he outlanded the kid. He was wearing him down towards the later rounds.

His only problem was he didnt go to the body enough. I know one round he landed a devastating blow to the body but it was towards the end of the round. He hurt the other kid but all that stood out was him almost being knocked out. Great fight though. Definitely a nice warm up to the action next saturday.

Comment

Man, seeing the fight ringside must be different from what we saw. Doug Fischer said he had it 6-4 but was fine with a draw

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          He got cut over the left eye.
          Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X