Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercito Gesta’s trainer says they’re willing to fill in for Gamboa April 14th Cont

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercito Gesta’s trainer says they’re willing to fill in for Gamboa April 14th Cont

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-la...boa-april-14th

Parra says Gesta, a native of Mandaue City in the Philippines, is firing on all cylinders in camp and there’s no question from their end when it comes to a possible date with Rios and filling in for the vanishing Gamboa.

“I know we’re scheduled to fight on that card and we’re just preparing to fight on that card.” Parra continued. “Obviously, of course we’d step in without a doubt. We just don’t know what’s going on.”

Be careful of what you wish for Gesta. At least Pinoys have Sabaupan as another lightweight prospect.

It was only a matter of time...

Comment

Would people that have already bought tickets, rather see Abril vs Rios or Rios vs Gesta? Abril is more proven at the moment beating Acosta.

Comment

I'd rather see Alvarado pull out of his fight with Herrera and see Rios-Alvarado at 140.

Comment

Gesta is too unknown and un-proven. He does have skill + talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
            Gesta is too unknown and un-proven. He does have skill + talent.
            Gesta is talented but he shouldn't go from fighting Ricardo Domingues to fighting Rios and JMM. If this happens, winner of Rios-Gesta gets JMM in July.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
              Gesta is talented but he shouldn't go from fighting Ricardo Domingues to fighting Rios and JMM. If this happens, winner of Rios-Gesta gets JMM in July.
              Not the worse situation. I think Abril has done more to earn the oppurtunity, but they play the Mexico vs Phillipines angle with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Not the worse situation. I think Abril has done more to earn the oppurtunity, but they play the Mexico vs Phillipines angle with this fight.
                Abril has done more but Rios Gesta would make Arum more money than Rios Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
                  Abril has done more but Rios Gesta would make Arum more money than Rios Abril.
                  I wouldn't mind either under normal circumstances, but the dissapointment from not seeing Rios-Gamboa would really make it hard to get excited about. On another note, after reading everything, do you think Yuri was in the wrong? Or do you think he was getting royally screwed? Some of this stuff I'm reading, looks like he just wants out of a bad situation and he never even signed a contract for this fight. Top Rank tried to black mail him into it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I wouldn't mind either under normal circumstances, but the dissapointment from not seeing Rios-Gamboa would really make it hard to get excited about. On another note, after reading everything, do you think Yuri was in the wrong? Or do you think he was getting royally screwed? Some of this stuff I'm reading, looks like he just wants out of a bad situation and he never even signed a contract for this fight. Top Rank tried to black mail him into it.
                    I have to read more about the situation before I can give an educated opinion. From what I heard, Arum and Oner screwed Gamboa by forcing Gamboa to sign an extension to get a fight with Rios. I'm guessing this extension low balled Gamboa and paid him like shat.

Gamboa still hasn't signed the final papers for Rios, but he has already signed the extension from what I've heard. I can see Gamboa's reasoning behind the no show. But he already signed the extension and should stick to fighting Rios. Gamboa is 30 and shouldn't get into a legal mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X