Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    This is good, I'd want any boxing event to do good numbers but I specifically wanted this one to do very good numbers. This way, Mayweather has to accept 50/50. I expected 1.2Mill+ but lets wait for the legit numbers to come. Keep in mind, Numero Uno was said to have done 1.6Mill and it did 1.1Mill instead, so lets all wait.
    Against common opponents Floyd has done more buys.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      Against common opponents Floyd has done more buys.
      I understand that but this is Mayweather's best challenge since JLC, I don't see Mayweather getting this kind of challenge against Shane or Cotto. Pacquiao has the best chance of taking away his 0, I'd want nothing more but for Mayweather to earn the respect he rightfully deserves and facing Pacquiao will do that. Sometimes you gotta swallow you're pride; 50/50 is good. Everyone is saying that this could surpass Mayweather/ DLH's numbers, too big any event to pass up. This is what Boxing needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        I understand that but this is Mayweather's best challenge since JLC, I don't see Mayweather getting this kind of challenge against Shane or Cotto. Pacquiao has the best chance of taking away his 0, I'd want nothing more but for Mayweather to earn the respect he rightfully deserves and facing Pacquiao will do that. Sometimes you gotta swallow you're pride; 50/50 is good. Everyone is saying that this could surpass Mayweather/ DLH's numbers, too big any event to pass up. This is what Boxing needs.

Do you really think this fight gonna happen D?

Comment

Horus would still find a ******ed way to downplay this I'm sure. Like using a common opponent, comparing Floyd-JMM to PAC-JMM2 instead of this. He thinks PAC's drawing power today is still the same pre-Oscar. pffft.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
            Do you really think this fight gonna happen D?
            Yes, I'm 100% sure.

Comment

this was a megafight...its supposed to sell more.

May-JMM was a tune up and still did a mil.

Cotto and Pac a good size fan base to do these numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
                Horus would still find a ******ed way to downplay this I'm sure. Like using a common opponent, comparing Floyd-JMM to PAC-JMM2 instead of this. He thinks PAC's drawing power today is still the same pre-Oscar. pffft.
                sorry but this wasnt Pac's drawing power. it was Pacs and Cottos. they both have a big fan base.

fact still remains. on a tune up Floyd does 1 mil. and when fighting the same guy. floyd outsold Pac.

FLoyd is the Bigger draw

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                  this was a megafight...its supposed to sell more.

May-JMM was a tune up and still did a mil.

Cotto and Pac a good size fan base to do these numbers
                  Marquez has Mexico behind him and the Pinoys ordered that fight as well. Pinoy's only gather mostly for Manny fights but I know every Pinoy with a t.v. ordered Marquez /may because of Marquez. Marquez was the draw in that fight.

Comment

LOL @ these people thinking this was gonna do worse than Floyd vs JMM

I think Horus and Al Haymon said it wouldn't do more than 800k

That there shows you how blinded people are to Pacquiao's popularity in not only Boxing, but sports in general.

Floyd's bargaining chips are starting to even up with Pacquiaos. All Floyd is talking about is his undefeated record. But I think I speak for everyone when I say Pac's last 2-3 yrs in the sport trump what Floyd's done in the ring in the last 6-7.

Call it a 50/50 fight or 52/48 with winner taking 52 and that won't include PPV buys either. Both these guys stand to make a phuckin killing!

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoy22 View Post
                      50-50 if this is true. In the past Floyd has done better numbers than Pac, this is a fact (against the same opponents Pac fought can i add)

Manny's star shines much brighter right now and you ill see this when the numbers come out. His fights have about 10x the excitement with the same skill level as floyd's.

Comment

Working...
                      X