Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C.Ronaldo is an athelete.

Messi is a proper FOOTBALLER.

Ronaldo's game is about power and pace, he pushes the ball the other side of you and looks to beat you in a foot race.

Messi has close control, great better first touch/technique, he can take the ball past around you from a standing start, he can dribble with the ball AT his feet rather than pushing the ball into areas where he can get it.

I dont like players like Ronaldo, he reminds of Henry in that sense that his game is about power,pace,athleticism instead of tremendous technical ability like a Bergkamp or a Messi.

Its like comparing Gerrard to Xavi Hernandez. Xavi does not score as many goal and he is not a physically gifted as Gerrard, he is also not as quick or strong .................but he can dictate a game with his technical skill, and for my money he is the better player.
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 06-20-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      C.Ronaldo is an athelete.

Messi is a proper FOOTBALLER.

Ronaldo's game is about power and pace, he pushes the ball the other side of you and looks to beat you in a foot race.

Messi has close control, great better first touch/technique, he can take the ball past around you from a standing start, he can dribble with the ball AT his feet rather than pushing the ball into areas where he can get it.

I dont like players like Ronaldo, he reminds of Henry in that sense that his game is about power,pace,athleticism instead of tremendous technical ability like a Bergkamp or a Messi.

Its like comparing Gerrard to Xavi Hernandez. Xavi does not score as many goal and he is not a physically gifted as Gerrard, he is also not as quick or strong .................but he can dictate a game with his technical skill, and for my money he is the better player.

good post, premiership players generally are more powerful than their la liga counter parts but not as skillfull.

Comment

in a sense c.ronaldo is like roy jones, physical freak who does nothing by the book but is amazing because of his gifts while messi is an expert at his craft like bernard hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Ronaldo for me, even though he is a total ****.
          Naps your avatar is disturbing.

Comment

I think Ronaldo is a more dynamic footballer.

Faster, Bigger and Stronger, More creative and threatening.

Messi as clinical as he is.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              Naps your avatar is disturbing.
              Why is it? look at your avater

Comment

If were talking about this year....no1 could pick ronaldo over messi....people went mad for ronaldo scoring 42 in a season...winning prem league and champs league...this year messi has scored 38 from a wide position (ronaldo played upfront alot more) and hes got loooads of assists (ronaldo didnt hav many when he scored them 42) and he won the treble!!!

Messi this year without a doubt....both on their best day? i couldnt decide...KaKa lol :P

Comment

Pretty simple, Messi is the better player.

Ronaldo is the more complete player but Messi is just something else.

Comment

i also love messi because he has overcome adversity, being born with a growth hormone disease, he's a little dude but freaking awesome!

Comment

**** poll. Ashley Cole owns both.

Comment

Working...
                      X