No announcement yet.

Ward has to rematch Kovalev,i honestly and reminded of Jones-Tarver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward has to rematch Kovalev,i honestly and reminded of Jones-Tarver

Where Jones had to work hard to win the first fight but you never felt like he dominated it. And in the rematch the smack down was handed down...Would not surprise me at all if Kovalev stopped Ward in the rematch..Ward won this fight all on heart, but his lack of a right hand is not going to do him any justice in a rematch with this monster

People never seem to talk about Ward's lack of a right hand, I liked that he started hooking to the body with it though.

Comment

There has to be a rematch and hopefully it is next. There is a rematch clause so...

Comment

Ward has definitely lost a step, we had confirmation of that last night. In my opinion he is 80-85% of what he was at his best. I don't think the level of his warm up fights did him any favors when it came to last night. So I would like to see the rematch and see if he can pick up where he left off, and see what adjustments both guys can bring in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          There has to be a rematch and hopefully it is next. There is a rematch clause so...
          rematch is confirmed...it will be next..

Comment

I favor Kovalev in the rematch because Ward has to be damn near perfect to win. That may change though.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Ward has definitely lost a step, we had confirmation of that last night. In my opinion he is 80-85% of what he was at his best. I don't think the level of his warm up fights did him any favors when it came to last night. So I would like to see the rematch and see if he can pick up where he left off, and see what adjustments both guys can bring in a rematch.
              There were so many moments when Ward simply did not pull the trigger and had an opening..not sure if he just couldn't pull it or was in that much awe of Kovalev's power and countering ability...

Comment

This is almost as good as the Pacquiao vs. Marquez rivalry.

Rematch or even trilogy is possible.

Comment

I agree. They definitely need to rematch.

Comment

Kovalev would have to be the favorite in a rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X