Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you bought your Emergency Survival Kit yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    But you'll run out of batteries and you'll be jelly of the nerd down the road with a wind up one.
    This is a huge no-no. Upon a catastrophic event, humans become your biggest enemy. They become worried, paranoid, crazed. They see you with all of your gadgets? They're coming after you. You definitely do not want to be with other humans unless you can trust them and they are close to you. You want to take shelter away from humans.

Comment

Originally posted by YDKSAB View Post
      Here's a basic "get out of dodge" kit, for 2 persons and will allow you to survive for 3 days. A week if you know how to manage.

Though it's missing a few things.

http://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-7028...s=survival+kit

3 days? A Week? LOL might as well stay at home.

Comment

nah. I'll just free ball it if and when the time comes. gotta start practicing my sword fighting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          3 days? A Week? LOL might as well stay at home.
          Yeah but for some it might be too late to compile a decent to advanced survival kit. That's just a starter one for the uninformed. It's coming friend.

The kit I have compiled for myself is suited for 3 people and will last us approximately 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
            nah. I'll just free ball it if and when the time comes. gotta start practicing my sword fighting though.
            A sword will suit you well upon predators if you decide to take shelter out in the jungle or woods. But a gun in many scenarios will be superior. Having both is even better.

Comment

Strength in numbers, round up all your friends and family and theirs too and go rolling through taking from the weak.

Comment

Not being a gullible paranoid fucktard, that's my protection from the apocalypse.

Comment

People are idiots....Not the one buying the kits or preparing.....but the idiots who down play it. A survival kit isn't just for a "doomsday" scenario. Just goes to show the lack of education and history knowledge of people of this generation. We are no longer the world power. The whole world is in turmoil and war can break out in our country any given day. We're so fuken spoiled in this country that we think we're untouchable. If we got hit with a nuclear bomb 99% of survivals would probably die just from being so fuken unprepared and not having a clue on how to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Not being a gullible paranoid fucktard, that's my protection from the apocalypse.
                    May peace be with you, friend. It's happening.
                    Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                    People are idiots....Not the one buying the kits or preparing.....but the idiots who down play it. A survival kit isn't just for a "doomsday" scenario. Just goes to show the lack of education and history knowledge of people of this generation. We are no longer the world power. The whole world is in turmoil and war can break out in our country any given day. We're so fuken spoiled in this country that we think we're untouchable. If we got hit with a nuclear bomb 99% of survivals would probably die just from being so fuken unprepared and not having a clue on how to survive.
                    Great post. You are part of the informed. You are the type of person I would form allegiance with if I had the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                      this is beyond idiotic.

If you want an emergency preparedness kit you need the following:

1. Enough non-perishable food and water to survive for three days.
                      2. Flashlight, candles and matches
                      3. Blankets
                      4. A decent first aid kit
                      5. A transistor radio, preferably a wind up one.

The fact is that if there was a major breakdown in society then almost everyone would die. This has nothing to do with people being preyed upon by other humans, or being too much of a ***** to be able to hunt or not having enough guns. This is because without our infrastructure there is not enough food and water to sustain a worldwide population this size.

A nuclear strike might kill millions of people. The subsequent starvation following a major breakdown in society would kill hundreds of millions. Your survival will probably depend on you already being a food producer. If you don't live on a farm you're fucked. If you do live on a farm you're probably alright.

An emergency preparedness kit is useful for minor incidents like a long blackout or a hurricane or earthquake. All of this "If you had to survive in the woods you would need a gun to protect you from other people" is pure fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                      X