No announcement yet.

Alfonso Gomez :"PACQUIAO is BEST FIGHTER EVER!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    thats my point right there. boxing experts are not Gods, just cuz they say a certain fighter is the best ever doesnt make it so. when they said SRR was the best ever i agreed not cuz they said so but bcuz i had seen with my own eyes he was the best ever. and those same eyes tell me pacquiao isnt close to as great a fighter as SRR.
    So basically you getting upset because you dont like someones opinion. To many others eyes Pac is every bit as good as SRR. Some say Pac is better. Dont neccesarily make it true though. And no you dont have to agree with Pac being the best. But allow people to not agree with you as well.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    triangle theories never work. anytime someone uses a triangle theory thats proof they dont know jack **** about boxing.

even if that wasnt the case cotto was mentally shot after the fight with margarito. the version of cotto who fought pac wouldve been knocked out by any version of mosley.

neighter is saying mayorga is the best boxer ever, unless u know jack **** about the sport. i mean he beat forrest who beat mosley, and mosley was in his prime back then. except it doesnt work like that.. and common sense mixed with an ounce of boxing knowledge tells you mayorga nor pacquiao is the best ever.
    See how biased you are. No the cotto who lost to Pac wouldnt have lost to SSM, and you cant just say that he would. Cotto beat SSM so get over it. Clottey couldnt wipe out Cotto, so how come pac can. Clottey isnt a no one. And neither is Margarito. Why shouldnt Margarito beat Cotto? Marge was a top fighter and when top fighters fight anything can happen. Just because Cotto loses, no one will get credit for beating Cotto now or something. Well you will have to apply that rule to everyone else as well. So when Evander Holyfield lost to Riddick Bowe, if RJJ beat Evander, RJJ wouldnt get credit because Evander lost to Riddick.
    You are making excuses.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 02-15-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingHistory View Post
      Manny is not in the top 25 ATG. Some observers give him too much credit. He is an exciting fighter but all time great top 25 he is not. This is no knock on Manny but rather a comparison to past great fighters. When you talking about Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Joe Louis, Henry Armstrong, George Foreman, Willie Pep, Joe Frazier, Larry Holmes, Roberto Duran, Evander Holyfield, etc. I mean I can go on and on. He just don't compare.
      why so you say? how old are you? have you watched sugar ray robinson actually fight? or been around the time hes fighting? or when muhammad ali fought frazier in thrilla in manila? or sugar ray leonard v. hagler? live even just on tv, how about ali v foreman? if your answer is no and you have only watched them on you tube the question is do you think comparing them NOW with pacquiao is enough for you to conclude that pacquiao is not comparable to those great fighters? check again, those observers you have mentioned i guarantee you they are just giving the right credit to whom it is due because those observers EXPERIENCED being around when those greats you mentioned were fighting. theyre not just relying on youtube videos. they feel the electricity, the excitement, they shared with the expectations on those great fights. they are the ones who really love the sport and been around it so long that they can even literally taste the sweetness of the science and smell the rancid odor of a ***** fighter like the one who calls himself money. if he was already fighting during those times no one will watch him, fight fans back then are not idiots.

mr money will be the laughing stock, they will spit in his face, especially after all the trash talking but short on delivering. they will see that as conning them of their hard earned money. he will be knifed before he can reach his locker room after the fight.

pacquiao is top 10 atg FIGHTER alright, he defied the odds and the naysayers, he exceeds expectations, he comes to fight, to attack, to destroy his foes, he is a fighter. A FIGHTER, you get it? have you ever wonder why they are calling him a throwback fighter? He is like them, the ALL TIME GREATS of yesteryears, and you are being privileged to live the times those observers you mentioned have experienced. open and sharpen your mind, greatness is in our midst, else you might missed it. next time you know, you are already old yet still the prisoner of your own denial.

Comment

Alfonso Gomez is crazy. Billy Dib is the best fighter ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          So basically you getting upset because you dont like someones opinion. To many others eyes Pac is every bit as good as SRR. Some say Pac is better. Dont neccesarily make it true though. And no you dont have to agree with Pac being the best. But allow people to not agree with you as well.
          im not getting upset, i just feel strongly about boxing. i have too much respect for the fighters that made this sport to allow some mainstream fan to belittle their achievments by comparing them to a fighter whos far beneath their level.

pac is a great fighter, but he cant be compared to ray robinson. if u think he can u dont know about ray robinson like u should. thats like saying mayorga is #1 p4p, yeah u would be entitled to your opinion but its still wrong. if someone thinks mayorga is #1 p4p or pac is the best ever, they dont know boxing. simple as that.

See how biased you are. No the cotto who lost to Pac wouldnt have lost to SSM, and you cant just say that he would. Cotto beat SSM so get over it. Clottey couldnt wipe out Cotto, so how come pac can. Clottey isnt a no one. And neither is Margarito. Why shouldnt Margarito beat Cotto? Marge was a top fighter and when top fighters fight anything can happen.
          first of i had mosley beating cotto, just saying. and mosley didnt fight the same cotto that pac did, but ill get to that later. i can definately say that. cotto wasnt the same after his fight with margo, pac and mosley fought two very diffrent fighters. clottey is a good fighter but not on par with the very best in the division, and that said clottey won that fight only to give it away. like oscar did against tito, it was obvious clottey was the better fighter that night. i never even said margo shouldnt beat cotto so i dont know where that came from.

Just because Cotto loses, no one will get credit for beating Cotto now or something. Well you will have to apply that rule to everyone else as well. So when Evander Holyfield lost to Riddick Bowe, if RJJ beat Evander, RJJ wouldnt get credit because Evander lost to Riddick.
          You are making excuses.
          its not that he lost its the way he lost, fighters who quit rarely recover mentally and cotto never did. same thing goes for fighters who take a severe beating and cotto sure did. you could see it in both his fight with clottey and pacquiao. before the fight with clottey was even over i knew cotto was finished, you could see it in him. he still won the fight cuz clottey gave it away but he was done.

to say u should "apply that rule" to every fighter is just ignorant, almost as dumb as thinking it was simply about losing. but cotto is far from the first fighter to be ruined in a single bout. i think meldrick taylor is the best example, after the first fight with chavez he was never the same and the same thing goes for cotto after margo. boxing is a very mental sport. cotto was probably worst than taylor since he quit, and had taken way more damage over the course of his career. fighters with cottos style rarely have long careers and cotto had been in many wars on top of the mental trauma of having his will broken and taking a savage beating at the hands of margo.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaru View Post
            b/c hes gulible
            *****s are so funny.. He aint the one who got fooled by Sr. More people believe Manny is not than is.

Comment

Working...
            X