No announcement yet.

Porter vs Prov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter vs Prov

Both suffer from being very stocky and struggle against rangy fighters who use the jab and straight right.

This would be a WAR, I think Prov is a bit past it but with a long layoff I think he could get his hunger back. This figt sells as well, both guys are complete cavemen

Make this fight!!!

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    Both suffer from being very stocky and struggle against rangy fighters who use the jab and straight right.

This would be a WAR, I think Prov is a bit past it but with a long layoff I think he could get his hunger back. This figt sells as well, both guys are complete cavemen

Make this fight!!!
    I think the styles make a great fight, not sure it sells well though. Neither have large fan-bases, and have recently had set-backing losses.

I'd like to see it though!

Comment

Shawn Porter would put the Russian to sleep USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Both are good fighters I think porter win because he's stronger and doesn't mark up as much. Porter is a bigger person and would be able to physically bulky the smaller provodnikov, provodnikov is the bigger puncher but not as big a puncher as Thurman so in sure porter would be able to take the shots well it would be a very good fight

Comment

That's a fun fight....

Comment

Porter is a full sized welterweight while Prov is a 140 pounder. When fighters are close in ability being naturally the bigger man does make a difference. Provo has a better chin but Porter has more all around boxing skills. Both men punch hard with either hand. Provo hits harder for his weight but Porter is bigger so their punching power is about the same. Porter has a better record overall and I doubt Porter would lose to Algieri or Molina so I pick Porter to win a clear UD.

Comment

porters out of provodnikovs league and would win easy. Seriously underrated on this site, he lost to arguably two of the best welters (brook, thurman) by like a round

Comment

"he lost to arguably two of the best welters (brook, thurman) by like a round"

I think porter is very very good. He is just so one dimensional, he wants to come forward and overwhelm his opponents with that athleticism and aggression. It would benefit him to learn abit more how to step back and jab from distance.

I would favor porter for his size, but Prov could very well catch him good and then overwhelm him as well They both have a style that would play well in to each others.

I think he brook beat him by at least a few rounds. That fight made porter look really bad technically, he couldn't seem to hang with Brooks skill set. Maybe Brook is JUST THAT GOOD. I think Brook whooped Porter MUCH better than Thurman

Comment

This would be a barbaric fight for sure. A really really really sick triple header that Haymon could really make it up to the fans for a slow 2016 would be card with...

Garcia vs Thurman
                  Spence vs Broner
                  Porter vs Provodnikov

Comment

12-0 Porter

Comment

Working...
                    X