No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn planning way too many PPV's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn planning way too many PPV's

Within a 3 month period, Hearn is planning 3 PPV's!

GGG/Eubank
    Brook/Vargas
    Joshua November defense

There's also talk of a 4th PPV which could be DeGale/Smith if he beats Jack or Selby/Russell Jr

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
    Within a 3 month period, Hearn is planning 3 PPV's!

GGG/Eubank
    Brook/Vargas
    Joshua November defense

There's also talk of a 4th PPV which could be DeGale/Smith if he beats Jack or Selby/Russell Jr
    And you think it's good for us? lol... they make millions from stupid people paying for those PPVs.

If what you mean is that these are good fights then maybe I can agree a bit, but just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      And you think it's good for us? lol... they make millions from stupid people paying for those PPVs.

If what you mean is that these are good fights then maybe I can agree a bit, but just a bit.
      I stopped buying them when Hearn put Bellew/Clev 2 with no title on the line or any kind of final eliminator on PPV.

It's a shame what Eddie Hearn has done to UK boxing.

Comment

Brook/Vargas as a PPV? lmao. Vargas isn't even popular on this side of the world. Will it be on HBO/Showtime? Given HBO's trend, it's probably them. Are Matchroom having financial issues or something?
        Last edited by kiaba360; 06-27-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

No chance Degale/Smith or Selby/Russell gets PPV imo (edit: Not if they happen this year)

Be interesting to see if all the other 3 come off. Eubank vs GGG came out of nowhere and I doubt Sky were planning for it in their schedule.

I wonder if they can combine one with Brook vs Vargas as co main and up the price?

We only pay 15-20 quid as it is, so for a great card they can probably squeeze a bit more out without hurting numbers too much?

I dunno
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 06-27-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Brook/Vargas as a PPV? lmao. Vargas isn't even popular on this side of the world. Will it be on HBO/Showtime? Given HBO's trend, it's probably them. Are Matchroom having financial issues or something?
            Matchroom are ok. Sky sports spent over £5billion on Premier League rights so they are trying to recoup money wherever they can.

Brook is very much borderline PPV though. He got put on PPV with a properly stacked card (Rule Brittania card w/ Joshua vs Johnson, Linares vs Mitchell and a bunch of other good fights), and now seems to be demanding to go PPV for any half decent fight. He wont do great numbers vs Vargas I wouldnt have thought.

Comment

The only time I would pay for a PPV, is if you have a group of friends round watching the big fight and you all chip in, but otherwise PPV's are the biggest rip off in sport.

UFC cards at least give their fans some excitement, but thankfully us brits (with BT sport) watch all UFC events, premier league football games, champions league football, for the huge sum of £5 a month!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Nope. If anything they are doing too well which is causing these bad PPV cards. The Whyte/Joshua PPV did 400K and Joshua/Martin did 600K.

Casuals are making Matchroom huge profits. I think boxing is one of the biggest profits for Sky Sports as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Matchroom are ok. Sky sports spent over £5billion on Premier League rights so they are trying to recoup money wherever they can.

Brook is very much borderline PPV though. He got put on PPV with a properly stacked card (Rule Brittania card w/ Joshua vs Johnson, Linares vs Mitchell and a bunch of other good fights), and now seems to be demanding to go PPV for any half decent fight. He wont do great numbers vs Vargas I wouldnt have thought.
                  I remember that one, it also had Selby/Gradovich. It was a decent card iirc. Will Brook/Vargas be shown on U.S. PPV as well?

Comment

Brook Vargas shouldn't be PPV

Comment

Working...
                    X