Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion who's the better trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. or Freddie Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I'd rather be trained by Roach. I wouldn't be able to understand a single word of Sr's.

Comment

Javier Capetillo is a great trainer too. Don't leave him out of this mix. You can understand Roach, yet can't understand Floyd Sr, lmfao!

Comment

Floyd Sr. would be late to the gym because he stopped for Taco Bell on the way.

Then when you lose a fight he'll be the first to throw you under the bus and absolve himself of any responsibility with one foot already out of the ring.

Comment

So Roach would've been the difference had he trained Hatton against Pac huh, lmao?

Comment

Totally different approaches to the Methods used to win. Both train their boys to be in top condition and both usually have their guys prepared. Both have fighters that listen to their instruction.........most of the time ha!
            Floyd prefers "hit and not get hit" and Freddie is a "hit, pressure pressure hit, be first" They want good head movement and they both preach to punch off the movements. They both teach and STRESS distance and finding range too!
            Both very good, freddie is more dedicated to the sport and Senior is more dedicated to Senior hahahaha!!! Both good yet both their corners during the fight lack alot stability and calmness! Freddie's illness does hamper him and he does try very hard to work others into the mix. Senior seems to get to involved with the excitement and can ramble. It means nothing when their with Jr. or Manny because those two are doing their thing anyways! Ray.

Comment

Sr and easily....all this stuff about Freddie getting fighters from all over the world and has had more world champions means nothing, all he does is keep them sharp and add a few tactics.

Exhibit A = Amir Khan, the years Khan had to actually learn the sport where wasted with Roach now it might be to late.
              Manny has improved but very very slightly, he was a made fighter before Roach.

Sr on the other hand built Floyd Jr from the ground up.

Comment

I have a feeling that if this poll was taken a couple of years ago, Roach would be the winner in a land slide. Interesting...

Comment

People picked Roach are idiots

Comment

If Sr trained me, I'm probably a crackhead by now. So, I'm picking Roach.

Comment

It's close between the two, I think Roach is a better cornerman (although his parkinson's has gotten worse and he has more and more trouble speaking when he's excited) but Mayweather is better at teaching defense, and switching from defense to offense seamlessly with his "catch and shoot" style. Roach teaches more varied combinations and knows how to adapt to his fighter's natural abilities while Mayweather forces fighters to adapt to his style.

I'd say today I'd rather be trained by Floyd Sr but if I could get a younger Roach I would.

Comment

Working...
                      X