Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
    based on resume.

20-30.

Unlucky with injuries.
    [/thread]

Comment

Head to head i'd say he'll give any Heavyweight in history problems, unfortunately his resume lets him down quite a bit imo.

Comment

Yes 20-30 seems about right. It's funny considering certain posters in here said that he doesn't even belong into the HOF.

Comment

30-40 or so, just because his size and skills keep me from putting him lower. Sometimes you just can't ignore H2H matchups despite a resume.

Comment

F resume... give me destruction & dominance plus perceived head to head superiority with advantages in size, skill & strength = 3 S.... A fighter who in my humble opinion has to be listed as the favorite going into any fantasy matchup you can conjure up has to be the #1 heavyweight of alltime by default... I don't need a resume from Vitali to let me know he's hired... he more than qualifies based on what i've seen him do to all the competition that's out there.

Comment

As of right now I have him 21-25 (likely higher when it is all said and done)...I don't like to rank people until they are officially retired. I doubt he will but he could pull a Roy Jones and look how that has effected Roy's ATG standing.

Comment

Somewhere between 20-40, probably closer to the latter.

Comment

Really hard to gauge, their comp is so weak. Cant fault the brothers though, they are taking on everyone between them and barely losing a round doing it

Its hard to get past Wlad's chin deficiency's when imagining him in with the greats like Tyson, Frazier, Louis, Foreman ect

Vitali i rate higher but he is imo beatable, guys like Larry Holmes would school him i feel and Lennox pretty much showed he if prime would win clearly enough as he did it (albeit on cuts) when fat and old, a Tyson would have to much speed and hustle for him too i think so there u have 3 totally different fighters that i could see beating him straight of the bat

Statistically they are incredible though and in years to come i think they might be remembered more fondly than they are now, kinda like Lennox

Comment

Vitali is the #2 HW in one of the weakest eras. A paper champion with nary a significant win on his dossier. He is not among the ATG's. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      Come on, man.

You can be better than this.
                      Why don't. You just refute it? Fact is he has NEVER beaten the best guy in the division and his resume is weak. I put him between 21 and 30 somewhere. If we based these things on unprovable fantasy h2h match ups he'd rank higher, but they mean nothing to true fans of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X