Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooooo, Shane is the new, last hope now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooooo, Shane is the new, last hope now?

Comical.

Before Saturday night, Pacquiao was going to destroy Mayweather. After seeing how Floyd cut through Marquez like a hot knife through butter, you've scratched that concept and now there's a new hero in the Will Smith role? Shane Mosley to save the world?

Shane Mosley? Really?

Guys, Shane Mosley was outboxed by Oscar Delahoya, Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright and Miguel Cotto. Remember: Miguel Cotto didn't beat Shane with power. He outboxed him.

And I also saw big chunks of fights where Shane was being outboxed by a shot Fernando Vargas, by one-armed Luis Collazo, and by...RICARDO MAYORGA.

I acknowledge that most of the children on this board who are infatuated with silly nicknames just started watching boxing. And you just parrot what other people tell you. But Floyd Mayweather, Jr is not Antonio Margarito. Floyd is not a slow, robotic, six-foot stiff whose head will be in the same location all night.

Mayweather is going to take a WIIIIIDE decision from Shane. In late 2010.

I like both fighters sadly for Mosley his skills have diminished HE is to old to stand a chance vs Floyd imo. He would be competitive in his prime for sure tho..

Comment

floyd could outbox shane but it wouldnt be a wipeout like u say. shane would definitly get some rounds

Comment

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
        I like both fighters sadly for Mosley his skills have diminished HE is to old to stand a chance vs Floyd imo. He would be competitive in his prime for sure tho..
        yeah, in his prime shane gives floyd all he can hadle. but i still think he would be competive now

Comment

stop quoting fans of certain fighters as a general concencus.

just because one person says.. "PAc destroys floyd"... doesnt make it the way it is.

Comment

It is too funny. Maybe closet Pac fanatics starting to think Pac is not going to 'destroy' Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
              floyd could outbox shane but it wouldnt be a wipeout like u say. shane would definitly get some rounds
              ^This. Floyd might have the potential to be the best ww there is and I think he has what it takes to wipeout the division (I don't see Paul fighting @ 147 again) but he hasn't beat any top ww. If someone says Carlos Baldomir I will throw my keyboard out the ****ing window...

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                Comical.

Before Saturday night, Pacquiao was going to destroy Mayweather. After seeing how Floyd cut through Marquez like a hot knife through butter, you've scratched that concept and now there's a new hero in the Will Smith role? Shane Mosley to save the world?

Shane Mosley? Really?

Guys, Shane Mosley was outboxed by Oscar Delahoya, Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright and Miguel Cotto. Remember: Miguel Cotto didn't beat Shane with power. He outboxed him.

And I also saw big chunks of fights where Shane was being outboxed by a shot Fernando Vargas, by one-armed Luis Collazo, and by...RICARDO MAYORGA.

I acknowledge that most of the children on this board who are infatuated with silly nicknames just started watching boxing. And you just parrot what other people tell you. But Floyd Mayweather, Jr is not Antonio Margarito. Floyd is not a slow, robotic, six-foot stiff whose head will be in the same location all night.

Mayweather is going to take a WIIIIIDE decision from Shane. In late 2010.

Man AL I can now see why you are Rep RED
                its cause of your nuthugging and ballwashing
                Point Blank Floyd needs to fight a top level WW instead of cherry picking his opponents and picking on smaller blwn up feather weitghts
                the last time Floyd fought a true WW was Judah and that was over 3 years ago.
                Its sad that you dont see it

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
                  ^This. Floyd might have the potential to be the best ww there is and I think he has what it takes to wipeout the division (I don't see Paul fighting @ 147 again) but he hasn't beat any top ww. If someone says Carlos Baldomir I will throw my keyboard out the ****ing window...
                  Baldo/Judah were top WW at the time... Cotto? no he was at 140, Mosley? ducked Floyd for his boss after he beat Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Man AL I can now see why you are Rep RED
                    its cause of your nuthugging and ballwashing
                    Point Blank Floyd needs to fight a top level WW instead of cherry picking his opponents and picking on smaller blwn up feather weitghts
                    the last time Floyd fought a true WW was Judah and that was over 3 years ago.
                    Its sad that you dont see it
                    What about the true MW he faced in Oscar and a bigger WW than Judah in Baldo?

Comment

Working...
                    X