Collapse
No announcement yet.

STFU With That "Scared" Bull**** Please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't speak for other fighters, but my only fear before or during a fight is that my body won't perform. then again, at 132 i don't have to be afraid of too many fearsome punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Michael Spinks looked scared as hell before the Tyson fight.
      I swear to god he was shaking so fighters do get scared.

Any sane human has some fear at times.
      I was going to mention this exact same thing.

On a side note.

My old time fearless hero Peter McNeeley was not scared, he bumrushed Tyson from the opening bell. I'm sorry but the dude should have film made about that one moment of reckless courage. If Tyson anticipated that and got his timing right he would have taken his head clean off his redneck shoulders.

Comment

Regardless of there doubts they get in the ring is my point. They don't fear another fighter to a point where they can't get there legs under them. They are professionals. Fearing losing is different thing than fearing a fighter as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
          End of the day though they still get in the ring
          You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            So fighters don't experience the human emotion of fear? They are machines then right?
            If they're afraid of getting knocked out then they shouldn't be fighters. Being nervous about a situation or not happy about a probable outcome isn't fear, it's acceptance of mortality and acknowledgment of personal limitations.

I don't like when I'm working on a roof or something and I have to hang off.... but that doesn't mean I'm a coward. It just means I don't enjoy a potential fall. I know a fall can hurt and I acknowledge I can not fly...therefore: unhappy about sticky situations on roofs.

Comment

These two things I know are true:

All boxers feel some sort of fear, or at the very least anxiety.

The number one factor that makes a boxer decide whether or not to take a fight is how much money he will make.

Comment

Fighters don't get scared? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  I'm not gonna lie, I get nervous sometimes when sparring.. especially if I'm in with another guy who is bigger and has power.
                  You get nervous when sparring with someone bigger and more powerful. That's more fear of the pain or being hurt than the person.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Michael Spinks looked scared as hell before the Tyson fight.
                    I swear to god he was shaking so fighters do get scared.

Any sane human has some fear at times.
                    Alex Stewart was more scared when he fought Tyson. I think he already dropped a load in his pants before he even entered the ring.

ps

Floyd is scared of prime welters, hence his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                      People take the avoidance of unnecessary risk as fear.... these people are stupid.
                      Hold up, just a minute.
                      Let me get this straight.

You're saying a champion defending his belt against his top challengers is unnecessary?

Comment

Working...
                      X