Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you're great when ring magazine makes up fighters for you to lose to..lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
      exactly..wheres the articles that say 10 fighters that beat,ali,manny,lennox lewis...you know why you dont see them...CAUSE THEY ALL BEEN BEATEN..KO'D MATTER OF FACT
      so why didn´t they make a Calzaghe article, Larry?

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
        no 1 can beat him in this era so they not only come up with names from other eras they act like floyd has no chance to beat any of them
        We dont know that if he doesnt fight them...How is it that Cotto,Margarito,Clottey,Pacman have all fought each other pretty much in their primes and Mayweather hasnt fought atleast one person I named above. With the exception of Pacman could it be cause they are true welters and risky? I am not saying he doesnt have the skills to beat them cause he does by far. Hes just not proving it..To be honest fighting any names above now he still wouldnt get any credit cause while they have been fighting each other hes been retired or on vacation. Hes running out of hiding space cause hes getting older and the young lions are getting better and faster and hungrier..When its all said and done he will have left boxing with a what could of been legacy. He could have been the greatest if he PROVED it by having the names above added to his resume or atleast fighters in their primes but instead he will most likely leave without his 0 and being talked about all the fights he didnt fight...I hate to sound like Im hating but he has the tools to beat all the fighters easily but its frustrating that he doesnt want to PROVE hes the best.
        Last edited by TEXSTRO; 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

waaaaaah.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Comment

That "easy decision" part is what really had me cracking up.

That team of writers over at The Ring are a real bunch of Nostrodamuses.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It's fun to say who can beat who but the fact stands, he's 41-0 in his own era. No one has beaten him in his time and that's what matters. Can some one beat him? Hell yeah, it's highly possible. Castillo was close in their first fight, Mosley almost knocked head off, Judah hurt him, Corley hurt him, DLH made it close for 8 rounds. But at the end of the day, he beat all of his 41 opponents to date and you can't take that away from him.
              It's fun to say who can beat who but the fact stands, Ottke is 34-0 in his own era. No one has beaten him in his time and that's what matters. Can some one beat him? Hell yeah, it's highly possible. Reid was close in their fight, Markussen almost knocked head off, Mundine hurt him, Larsen came close. But at the end of the day, he beat all of his 34 opponents to date and you can't take that away from him.

Comment

I picked up the Ring the other day and just laughed when I saw the cover and the headline. I mean really? Is it that bad that he hasn't lost that now the only way to get him to lose is to start throwing in fantasy matches!? And Floyd gets on my nerves but c'mon son, what a waste of a cover and story. I would say I expect to see the same story but with Pac on the cover for next month's issue but we all know that isn't going to happen. LOL, pathetic.

Comment

I thought it was borderline haterism too but I think they did it more so to have him on the cover and to have something to talk about really. Honestly, love him or hate him Mayweather is a HUGE name in boxing, the biggest in america right now and he sells. People love to have opinions on him. People love to bash him or defend him or whatever. Point is people will read it as a result.

Also, that edition, I think there was seriously a lack of things to talk about. It was pretty thin on topics - besides the floyd piece, they had Marquez-Diaz rematch, Dawson-Pascal and a Dmitry Pirog piece. Not too much else going on.

Comment

Working...
                  X